Nice award for one of our friends listed in Amtrak Ink

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the October 2016 edition, and it is the service and safety awards issue.

I was delighted to see that our friend Leo, sleeper car attendant on the Silvers, received an award for excellence in customer service! :) I haven't seen him for ages, and I am glad that he is still going strong.

An award also went to Faye, another wonderful sleeper car attendant. I met her on the Silver Star recently, when I went from Philly to Alexandria in a sleeper (cheaper than the regional business class). I wanted to see how miserable the Star would be without the dining car, and although I missed it, Faye more than made up for it. She offered to get me food from the cafe car whenever I wanted it and offered to put the bed down if I wanted an afternoon nap (this was for my extensive trip of a whole 3 hours!). I didn't do either, but I almost wished I was going all the way to Florida just to have her as an attendant!

There's also a very nice letter from Wick Moorman to start off the newsletter, in which he says he will be traveling around the system to meet them all.....

I am feeling better about things already. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Leo is still around and going strong. He is fantastic and well deserved the award. I missed him by a day on my last Silver Meteor trip.

I had Faye once on the Star and she was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back