1 reply to this topic

#1 Agent

Agent

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

The westbound California Zephyr was on time when it came through Agency, Iowa this evening.  The Iowa Pacific full dome Scenic View was on the end.

#2 Gulfwind2

Gulfwind2

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Railroad history, Smithian Theories on Economics & Government, Cold War History, US History, the Industrial Revolution, Naval Warfare, WWII, the Streamliner Era, The comfort and safety of traveling by Pullman

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for uploading. I was working aboard this car during that move to do a bit of small-time training in PV-handling for Iowa Pacific. That car is currently working on Polar Express trips on the Santa Cruz & Monterrey Bay. 

"My heart is warm with friends I make, and better friends I'll not be knowing; Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take, no matter where it's going."- Edna St Vincent Millay

"What's the deal with airline food?"- Jerry Seinfeld

Want to solve the problem of passenger trains not having the infrastructure they need?

STEP 1. Let the Class I's pay into a USDOT-managed trust fund through 6.5% of their own revenues in order to construct a right-of-way parallel to the existing Class I right-of-way that can take Amtrak trains off the freight railroad's trackage in busy corridors.

STEP 2. Wait 10 years once enough funds are gathered.

STEP 3. Then watch. Investors are happy, passenger trains no longer have to fight freight for priority, speeds of 125mph + are now possible with no risk of freight collision, freight railroads have higher track capacity than before without having to conduct a single environmental impact study, and AU forums have far less to complain about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users