• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trailrider1951

Trailrider1951

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Geology, History, Art, Museums, Photography....and Trains, of course!

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:53 AM

Sorry, I only caught a glimpse from my house north of Taylor.  Two (or three) dark colored cars were attached to the back of #22, next stop is Temple.  Close to being on-time.  Anyone want to get a photo/video  between here and Ft Worth/Dallas?   :)

Amtrak Routes Taken

Amtrak Cascades:  Portland to Seattle

California Zephyr:  Sacramento to Chicago

Coast Starlight:  Los Angeles to Seattle (round trip)

Crescent:  New Orleans to Atlanta (round trip)

Empire Builder:  Seattle to Chicago

Heartland Flyer:  Oklahoma City to Ft. Worth

Pacific Surfliner:  Los Angeles to Santa Barbara (round trip)

San Joachin:  Los Angeles (bus) to Bakersfield and (train) Bakersfield to Modesto (round trip)

Southwest Chief:  Los Angeles to Galesburg, Galesburg to Kansas City

Sunset Limited:  Houston to Los Angeles (round trip), Houston to New Orleans (round trip)

Texas Eagle:  Taylor to Los Angeles, Houston to Chicago (round trip, back when there was an actual train between Dallas and Houston), Chicago to Taylor, Taylor to Dallas (round trip)

Next Trip, Spring 2017:  Taylor to Seattle, round trip:  Texas Eagle, Coast Starlight and either Empire Builder or Southwest Chief (undecided at this point)

AMTRAK%203.jpg

#2 norfolkwesternhenry

norfolkwesternhenry

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Boating, Trains, Mountain Biking, Trains, Having Fun, Trains, working on my bikes, Trains, planning my next trip, PV

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:06 AM

Sorry, I only caught a glimpse from my house north of Taylor.  Two (or three) dark colored cars were attached to the back of #22, next stop is Temple.  Close to being on-time.  Anyone want to get a photo/video  between here and Ft Worth/Dallas?   :)

Iowa Pacific cars are either painted in a livery close to their original owner or in a dark brown and orange livery, what kind of cars were they?

Empire Builder MSP-CHI (2) CHI-MSP (2) MSP-PDX (1) MSP-CBS (5.5 H late) (1) MKE-MSP (1) MSP-SEA (1) Coast Starlate PDX-EMY (1.5H late) (1) California Zephyr DEN-SLC (1H late) (1) Hiawatha CHI-MKE (1) NE Regional WAS-BAL (1) WAS-NYP (1) Acela Express BAL-WAS (1) BOS-WAS (1) Late Shore (Limited service) CHI-BOS (On Time) (1) Capitol Limited WAS-CHI (1) Texas Eagle SAS-CHI (1) Wolverine DET-DER-ARB-CHI (35 Min late) (1) Cascades SEA-VAC (1)
Non-Amtrak: VIA: Corridor Service Q.C.-Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto-Windsor (1) Canadian: VAC-Winnipeg 4.5 H late (1) D. C. metro, Montreal Metro, Toronto subway, Portland streetcars, BART, Metra, NYC subway, Boston subway, Twin cities Blue/Green line
train cars travelled in: Superliner: Coach, Sleeper, Diner, CCC, SSL. Amfleet: LD Café, Café/Business, coach. Viewliner: Sleeper, Diner. Acela: Café, Business, quiet car. Horizon: Coach. Talgo: coach, diner, café; non Amtrak: ex CP Via Canadian Manor cars, Park car, diner,sleeper, Skyline lounge. LRC trainset: coach (tilt de-activated)

#3 norfolkwesternhenry

norfolkwesternhenry

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Boating, Trains, Mountain Biking, Trains, Having Fun, Trains, working on my bikes, Trains, planning my next trip, PV

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:09 AM

ex New York Central cars were grey and black, PRR cars were painted in a darkish brown, same with Norfolk and Western cars. They could have been ex Missouri Pacific cars, since the TE used to be MoPac, albeit a near completely different train then

Empire Builder MSP-CHI (2) CHI-MSP (2) MSP-PDX (1) MSP-CBS (5.5 H late) (1) MKE-MSP (1) MSP-SEA (1) Coast Starlate PDX-EMY (1.5H late) (1) California Zephyr DEN-SLC (1H late) (1) Hiawatha CHI-MKE (1) NE Regional WAS-BAL (1) WAS-NYP (1) Acela Express BAL-WAS (1) BOS-WAS (1) Late Shore (Limited service) CHI-BOS (On Time) (1) Capitol Limited WAS-CHI (1) Texas Eagle SAS-CHI (1) Wolverine DET-DER-ARB-CHI (35 Min late) (1) Cascades SEA-VAC (1)
Non-Amtrak: VIA: Corridor Service Q.C.-Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto-Windsor (1) Canadian: VAC-Winnipeg 4.5 H late (1) D. C. metro, Montreal Metro, Toronto subway, Portland streetcars, BART, Metra, NYC subway, Boston subway, Twin cities Blue/Green line
train cars travelled in: Superliner: Coach, Sleeper, Diner, CCC, SSL. Amfleet: LD Café, Café/Business, coach. Viewliner: Sleeper, Diner. Acela: Café, Business, quiet car. Horizon: Coach. Talgo: coach, diner, café; non Amtrak: ex CP Via Canadian Manor cars, Park car, diner,sleeper, Skyline lounge. LRC trainset: coach (tilt de-activated)

#4 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:34 AM

ex New York Central cars were grey and black, PRR cars were painted in a darkish brown, same with Norfolk and Western cars. They could have been ex Missouri Pacific cars, since the TE used to be MoPac, albeit a near completely different train then

There are no MoPac cars that are certified at the moment to my knowledge. Some did survive though. He probably saw Charter Wire's two cars which are painted New York Central gray.

View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net

Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)

Steam Engines I've worked behind

Norfolk & Western No. 611

Nickel Plate Road No. 765

Southern Pacific No. 4449

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users