A quote from Gene Poon on Trainorders gives the details:
This comes from NARP Houston:
NARP Friends -
Amtrak has just released SUNSET LIMITED plans to
1. Add Just-For-You boxed meal service at your seat priced between dining car
and snack car.
2. Discussion of possible move to THE Sunset Station in San Antonio.
3. Discussion of possible stop in Flatonia (I would suggest we begin planning
a trip there or invite them to join us for a meeting, with hope to continue
dialog. Their earlier request for a stop was met with impossible $ quotation from U.P.)
4. Breakfast-bags-to-go given to Los Angeles departing sleeper passengers.
5. Los Angeles early boarding for all at 8:00pm on Train 2 including café car
access, plus dining car dinner for sleeping car passengers.
6. Adding stop in Benson Arizona next year.
Someone pointed out that the San Antonio station relocation is not the Sunset station but rather the former MoPac station further west, and that was pointed out here earlier. I think the MoPac station is located just west of W. Commerce St. Devil's Advocate?
Another piece of misinformation: Benzon, AZ is already a stop on the route.
Edited by Palmetto, 25 October 2016 - 06:52 AM.