Downeaster Alert, Special Schedules 10/11 - 11/6.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peconicstation

Service Attendant
Due to track work in Maine the Downeaster will have a special schedules from October 11th to November 6.

For the most part there will be Bustitutions north of Wells station for the duration of the temporary schedule, and NO TRAIN SERVICE and No Alternative Services the weekend of October 22 and 23, and November 5 and 6.

I get it track work is needed, but when you have to suspend service over 2 weekends, and do not provide bus replacement service, your asking for your

regular riders (like me) to seek alternatives, that we may stay with.

http://www.amtrakdowneaster.com/sites/default/files/16_Fall_2016_Intrim_Sched_Oct11-Nov6_7.pdf

Ken

The service still has not recovered from last years constant construction on the MBTA side.

I get that the upgrades/repairs are a necessary evil.

I wish that they could work at night, but as Guilford runs its freight mostly at night... well, priorities I guess.

I'm not fond of buses, but when a train used by regulars is suspended, they need to be offered as compensation. Otherwise, as stated, you lose patronage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back