Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

2016 AAPRCO Convention

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Agent

Agent

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:42 PM

The annual convention of the American Association of Private Railroad Car Owners is coming up later this month.  It's being held from September 20 to the 22 in Spokane, Washington.  Before that, a special train dubbed the City of Spokane will be run from Denver to Spokane.  There are a lot of moves to keep an eye out for (or possible ride) as the varnishes gather in Denver for the excursion.

#2 Agent

Agent

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

Amtrak #5(10) came through Agency, Iowa this evening on time with ten private varnishes on their way to Denver.  This is the most private cars I've seen on a California Zephyr.  There were four locomotives on the head-end, including the Phase III P40DC AMTK 822.  I'm guessing the first two will be pulled off in Denver for the excursion.

Also, last night there was the private car Federal on an also on time #5(09).  I haven't heard it's going to the convention, but I'll leave this here in case it is.  Built in 1911, it's the oldest Amtrak-certified car.

#3 Agent

Agent

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:38 PM

Four more cars for the convention were on this evening's Amtrak #5(11). They were once again running on schedule too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users