MARC Schedule Oddity

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderson

Engineer
I was checking the Camden Line schedule while I was at the CA today and I noticed something odd...there's an extra Baltimore-bound train in the afternoon: There are 11 eastbound trains (10 to Baltimore-Camden and 1 to Dorsey) and 10 westbound trains (9 from Baltimore-Camden and 1 from Dorsey). Nothing indicates that two of the EB trains are somehow interchangeable (e.g. a train that runs earlier on Fridays) which means that I have to presume either there's an unlisted equipment move somewhere in the schedule or two of the trains get doubled-up into one WB (since commuter trains generally have a commutative property).

Does anyone with more local knowledge than I know what accounts for this? Since I presume the crew would be riding "home" on the train this would seem to result in a paid deadhead move; my only guess is that the oddball move is one that CSX really doesn't want to have tied to a timetable.

Back