Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Wick Moorman CEO of Amtrak

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#141 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,506 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:18 PM

That is what he said at the NARP conclave in Chicago too. he intends to ride in standard passenger accommodation.

And indeed, though he did not say it categorically, but the impression that he gave is that all overnight LD trains will eventually get Diners, once the Diner delivery situation is behind them. In side conversations it was mentioned that the exact nature of service (the soft product) in the Diners may vary a bit from train to train.

#142 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,528 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

That is excellent news and a 180 degree turn from Smiley Joe Boardman when he was CEO, and letting the Bean Counters run amok with their Nickel and Dime cuts to LD Trains!😎

Edited by Bob Dylan, 14 December 2017 - 03:29 PM.

"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#143 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,506 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

That is excellent news and a 180 degree turn from Smiley Joe Boardman when he was CEO, and letting the Bean Counters run amok with their Nickel and Dime cuts to LD Trains!

Boardman's bean counter (CFO) over him even Boardman appeared to have no control, has been long gone. One of the early casualties after the arrival of Moorman.

#144 Zach

Zach

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

Anderson would only travel in main cabin at Delta. I'm a flight attendant at Delta and know this as fact. His wife would do the same as well. He liked the interaction with the passengers and listened to their feedback.  Unlike our current CEO that doesn't follow that routine, but I digress

#145 WoodyinNYC

WoodyinNYC

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:12 PM

Anderson would only travel in main cabin at Delta. I'm a flight attendant at Delta and know this as fact. His wife would do the same as well. He liked the interaction with the passengers and listened to their feedback.  Unlike our current CEO that doesn't follow that routine, but I digress

Disgression can be good for the soul, and very informative, LOL.

#146 west point

west point

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

Once Wick is a consultant hope Anderson uses him especially for track work and dealing with freight RRs !  Appears that NYPS work this past summer had more items completed than originally planned ?

#147 Rover

Rover

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

Despite his history as an airline executive, Mr. Anderson was advertising his rail bona fides at the NARP conference; apparently his father worked for a railroad. In Galveston.

Huh... wonder if we'll see a restoration of passenger service to Galveston :-)

That's all I ever wanted. :cool:

I've ridden: ~ The Empire Builder 1981 ~ The Coast Starlight 1981 ~ The Texas Eagle ~ The Sunset Limited ~
Books: ~ Time-Life - The Old West ~ The Railroaders * Rail Ventures - 4th Edition

I think it is absolute mythology that there's any national system that is profitable. And I think the naysayers just have to get over it. ~ Amtrak President Alex Kummant ~ June 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users