#1 EmCee Al

EmCee Al

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

Greetings, all!

I have taken advantage of information that this Forum has provided over the past few years, and finally decided to officially join!

I am a 3rd generation railroader and, as you might have guessed from my photo, those roots go back to the Michigan Central/NYC/Penn Central.  Currently, I am retired and living in Colorado, so I am no stranger to the CZ, typically leaving from Grand Junction but traveling not only back home but also to the Bay Area.

This September I am looking forward to a coast-to-coast trip on the Capitol Limited and Southwest Chief.  My wife and I will be visiting her brothers, who live on alternate sides of the US.  I am looking forward to seeing the changes, good and bad, that have happened to the Metropolitan Lounge in CHI.  I should be posting about that when the time comes.

I also have a trip report to post on a recent trip from Jackson, MI to Grand Junction, CO.  Hopefully that will be up soon!

Al 

#2 EmCee Al

EmCee Al

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

All I have to do now is figure out how to make the entire "Michigan Central" logo fit into the box!

#3 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,850 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

Welcome aboard!:hi:

Since you live in CO, I hope you can join us for our Gathering in Denver this October! Be sure to register if you are interested.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#4 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,738 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

Welcome to AU as a member, we look forward to your trip reports and sharing your career as a Railroader!

As Dave said,hope you are able to attend the October Gathering in Denver and meet fellow AUers and share stories, some are even True! LOL
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#5 BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Warbirds and Automobiles.
    Computer Technology.
    Electric Blues

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

Welcome!

#6 AKA

AKA

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

Welcome aboard

#7 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Interests:Cross-country skiing, forestry, botany, solar power, gardening and food!

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

All I have to do now is figure out how to make the entire "Michigan Central" logo fit into the box!

Go into your graphics program and "resize" the "canvas" to add more pixels to the top and bottom of your image -- it should end up square. If you don't have a program capable of that, you can just post the image in a reply (go to "more reply options", then "browse" then "upload") and I will do it for you.

:)

Jennifer

I'm a "little Old Lady in Tennis Shoes" (LOLITS) from Eastern Oregon. I love to travel by train, though I live way out in the toolies, far from the nearest Amtrak station (Chemult). My station would have been Baker City, but they cancelled the Oregon Pioneer just before I took my first long-distance train trip as an adult. I've taken most trains in the West, but I'm still exploring new routes in the east.

#8 crabby_appleton1950

crabby_appleton1950

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Reading all types of fiction and nonfiction; football; travel by all methods

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:26 PM

Hello.gif   Welcome !    Hello.gif

#9 EmCee Al

EmCee Al

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

Thanks, Jennifer.  Finally did it!

#10 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Interests:Cross-country skiing, forestry, botany, solar power, gardening and food!

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:47 PM

Thanks, Jennifer.  Finally did it!

Good job! :hi:

And welcome to the forum, BTW. You'll find lots of helpful folks here (whether the question is graphics or Amtrak, LOL).

Jennifer

I'm a "little Old Lady in Tennis Shoes" (LOLITS) from Eastern Oregon. I love to travel by train, though I live way out in the toolies, far from the nearest Amtrak station (Chemult). My station would have been Baker City, but they cancelled the Oregon Pioneer just before I took my first long-distance train trip as an adult. I've taken most trains in the West, but I'm still exploring new routes in the east.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users