3 replies to this topic

#1 Agent

Agent

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

Amtrak #5(16) came through Agency, Iowa with the two cars from Patrick Henry Creative Promotions.  This westbound California Zephyr was running just over an hour late.  It lost over fifty minutes before Princeton, Illinois.

#2 JayPea

JayPea

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
  • Location:Colfax, WA (CFX)---Hey, it's only an Amtrak Thruway bus stop, but at least my town in mentioned on Amtrak's website and in their timetable!
  • Interests:Trains, photography, photography of trains, travel, travel by train, reading, reading about trains............

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

Amtrak #5(16) came through Agency, Iowa with the two cars from Patrick Henry Creative Promotions.  This westbound California Zephyr was running just over an hour late.  It lost over fifty minutes before Princeton, Illinois.

My uncle is on this train on his way to Seattle to meet up with me as we begin a nearly two week Amtrak journey together Saturday. He texted me saying they lost time before Princeton when they had six miles of 5mph slow orders. And I want to say how much I enjoy your videos, Agent. :)
Amtrak Routes Traveled: City of New Orleans, State House/Lincoln Service, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, Capitol Limited, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle/Sunset Limited, Silver Meteor, Lake Shore Limited, Pacific Surfliner, Cardinal.

Pre-Amtrak Routes Traveled:
Empire Builder (Great Northern), North Coast Limited (Northern Pacific), Abraham Lincoln (Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio), City of Hinkle  (Union Pacific) Panama Limited (Illinois Central)

Bustitutions: Portland-Spokane (EB),Galesburg-Bloomington (CZ/Lincoln Service )

Amtrak Miles: 81242

Pre-Amtrak Miles: 8478

Bustitution Miles: 450

Excursion trains ridden:  Centralia and Chehalis Railroad, Mt. Hood Scenic Railroad, Alaska Railroad, 1880 Train (Black Hills Central RR) and trains at the Illinois Railway Museum, California Railway Museum, and the Monticello (IL) Railroad Museum.

#3 Agent

Agent

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

My uncle is on this train on his way to Seattle to meet up with me as we begin a nearly two week Amtrak journey together Saturday. He texted me saying they lost time before Princeton when they had six miles of 5mph slow orders. And I want to say how much I enjoy your videos, Agent. :)

Thanks.

#4 Agent

Agent

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:16 PM

These two cars came back today on Amtrak #6(19).  This eastbound California Zephyr was just over twenty minutes late when it came through Agency this morning.  There was a whole group of people out on the observation platform.  In this photograph taken by another train enthusiast earlier in Ottumwa, you can see the unique drumhead on the platform reads "Joan & Dusty - 50th Anniversary Special."  So congratulations to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users