The New B Line in Denver

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's basically a shuttle train between two stations? I know the plan is to eventually extend it further, but you have to wonder whether such a limited route is sustainable over the short term. [And yes, I'm sure some people will connect to other mass transit routes at Union Station, but still...]

It also skips two stations that will be served by the G Line when it starts up later this year (operating between Denver and Wheat Ridge).

The article says the average daily ridership will be 800. I count 23 trains daily in each direction, so 46 total. 800 divided by 46 gives an average of 17 people per train. That is hardly what I would call a smashing success.

The article says the average daily ridership will be 800. I count 23 trains daily in each direction, so 46 total. 800 divided by 46 gives an average of 17 people per train. That is hardly what I would call a smashing success.
It's kind of a forced phase 1 for a train to Boulder that is too expensive to build right now. It will be the stepchild line for a while.

Back