For Sale! The Antique Train Hotel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George K

Conductor
http://www.innshopper.com/ViewListing.aspx?ListingID=3581

$850K

2.62 acres just outside the quaint tourist destination Sequim, Washington. One-of-a-kind train themed B & B. Nine cabooses, six of which have been completely re-modeled using top quality materials. Each has a different theme (Wine Country, Wild West, Orient Express etc.). Gorgeous 1937 Silver Eagle dining car with large commercial kitchen. The three unconverted cabooses can be renovated by the seller for an agreed upon price. Seller has been constantly upgrading the property (including duck pond with resident ducks!) since 2000. There is profitable cash flow and huge potential to double current income ;e.g. owners do not aggressively market the property and do not keep it open all the time. They have been approached by local organizations to rent the space but have chosen not to. Open dining car for high-end lunch business...Lots of possibilities in this friendly, welcoming community (where the rainfall is the same as L.A.!).Purchasers must be pre-qualified. No seller financing.

If you are a train enthusiast and/or have dreamed of operating an unusual B&B in a community that is engaged, diverse, welcoming and growing on the stunning Olympic Peninsula, this successful concept may be your ticket..
Many photos here:

http://www.redcaboosegetaway.com/cabooses.html

That place has been on the market for quite a while now. My guess is that the owners are struggling with the realization that just because you spent a lot of time and money on a personal hobby doesn't mean the cost and effort to you is baked into the value for someone else. "Profitable cash flow" could mean almost anything, but the fact that it's been on the market this long doesn't bode well for the financials.

That place has been on the market for quite a while now. My guess is that the owners are struggling with the realization that just because you spent a lot of time and money on a personal hobby doesn't mean the cost and effort to you is baked into the value for someone else. "Profitable cash flow" could mean almost anything, but the fact that it's been on the market this long doesn't bode well for the financials.
What IS the market time for small hotels and inn's? (serious question)

Eh, considering how much of a niche this is and the fact that even some homes don't sell quickly, I'm not surprised it's taking a bit to sell. With that said, I'd sure be curious to see the financials on it.

Back