Who should rail advocates support?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHamilton

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Grow Trains is looking for candidates who support passenger rail.

It’s important to have strong supporters of passenger rail at all levels of government. So we’re looking for candidates running for election at any level, and they may be affiliated with any party.

Are you such a candidate, or do you know someone who is? Please tell us by completing the linked form.

We hope to publish a list of candidates we like soon. Thanks for your help!
http://www.growtrains.com/who-should-grow-trains-support/

Whomever they feel is right for them- or nobody. Besides certain people who are truly transit dependent, this should not be a single issue vote. Trumps New York base and general all over the map positions make his perspective unclear, but I tend to think he won't be the great Amtrak Renasaince president. Clinton is a democrat and so theoretically might be more pro Amtrak, but Bill was the second worst Amtrak president (after Carter). So I would say that this issue is so totally unclear as to be null.

In Washington state, Inslee (D) is considered better for passenger rail than his opposition. In Vermont, Minter (D) is definitely more committed to finishing the long-delayed Amtrak projects than Scott ( R).

I really can't think of another race this year where it's clear-cut. :p

When it comes to passenger rail, governor's races are often *where it's at*, and there just aren't very many governor's races this year. In Missouri, neither candidate has said a word about Amtrak, though I personally wouldn't trust Grietens ( R) since he seems a bit of a self-promoter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back