3 replies to this topic

#1 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

Grow Trains is looking for candidates who support passenger rail.

It’s important to have strong supporters of passenger rail at all levels of government. So we’re looking for candidates running for election at any level, and they may be affiliated with any party.

Are you such a candidate, or do you know someone who is? Please tell us by completing the linked form.

We hope to publish a list of candidates we like soon. Thanks for your help!

http://www.growtrain...trains-support/

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#2 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,352 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

Whomever they feel is right for them- or nobody. Besides certain people who are truly transit dependent, this should not be a single issue vote. Trumps New York base and general all over the map positions make his perspective unclear, but I tend to think he won't be the great Amtrak Renasaince president. Clinton is a democrat and so theoretically might be more pro Amtrak, but Bill was the second worst Amtrak president (after Carter). So I would say that this issue is so totally unclear as to be null.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#3 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,301 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

Glad to see you back Lion! Are you still working too hard and too long for too little?

"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#4 neroden

neroden

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • Interests:Please feel free to moderate my posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:55 AM

In Washington state, Inslee (D) is considered better for passenger rail than his opposition. In Vermont, Minter (D) is definitely more committed to finishing the long-delayed Amtrak projects than Scott ( R).

I really can't think of another race this year where it's clear-cut. :-P

When it comes to passenger rail, governor's races are often *where it's at*, and there just aren't very many governor's races this year. In Missouri, neither candidate has said a word about Amtrak, though I personally wouldn't trust Grietens ( R) since he seems a bit of a self-promoter.

Edited by neroden, 29 August 2016 - 12:58 AM.

--Nathanael--

Please feel free to moderate my posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users