2 replies to this topic

#1 jamesontheroad

jamesontheroad

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:43 AM

Press conference has just concluded in Montreal; additional government funding confirmed for VIA Rail for improvements in the corridor.

No press link just yet, info to follow.

USA/Canada trains traveled: Adirondack, California Zephyr, Canadian, Capitol Limited, Cascades, Coast Starlight, Corridor (VIA), Crescent, Hudson Bay, Lake Shore Limited, Northeast Regional, Ocean, Maple Leaf, Vermonter

#2 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

Good news for VIA and Canada! 😊

The Trudeau Government is living up to their promises, wish it would happen here! 😒
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#3 jamesontheroad

jamesontheroad

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

Here's the press release from Transport Canada.

• CAD34.4 million investment for improvements at stations and maintenance facilities in the Windsor-Quebec City rail corridor.
  • Repairs and upgrades to mechanical and electrical systems, heating and ventilation, roofs, water treatment systems at VIA’s Montreal and Toronto maintenance facilities.
  • Upgrades to mechanical and electrical systems, heating and ventilation, roofs, and platforms at stations along the Windsor-Quebec City corridor, 
  • CAD400,000 to remediation of a contaminated federal site at VIA’s Edmonton station.

USA/Canada trains traveled: Adirondack, California Zephyr, Canadian, Capitol Limited, Cascades, Coast Starlight, Corridor (VIA), Crescent, Hudson Bay, Lake Shore Limited, Northeast Regional, Ocean, Maple Leaf, Vermonter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users