91, 97, 98 on 7/8/2016 - Trouble

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They all seemed to stop in the Carolinas for an extended period of time, late on 7/8/2016. We had some pretty strong thunderstorms in central N. Carolina at that time. I didn't notice what was going on east of here. So what happened to the trains? Flooding? Washouts? Trees down?

jb

The agent at Cary told me that 91 hit a tree in Enfield and had to get another engine. He said they took one of 97's engines. However, the conductor on 73 said that 91 got a CSX engine. Maybe someone down country can report on that.

jb

I just hope this does not happen to today's departure of 98. I need to m make my connection to 49 at NYP. If nothing else goes wrong apparently 98(8) will barely make the connection to 49(9).

I just hope this does not happen to today's departure of 98. I need to m make my connection to 49 at NYP. If nothing else goes wrong apparently 98(8) will barely make the connection to 49(9).
It looks like today's 98 left Miami a few minutes late and it is on its way. See you soon. :)

Auto Train 53, due into Sanford this morning at 9;30, has not yet arrived. Storms in the Carolinas brought at least one tree down on the tracks. Then 53 was further delayed in Georgia this morning by a disabled freight train.

Tom

The agent at Cary told me that 91 hit a tree in Enfield and had to get another engine. He said they took one of 97's engines. However, the conductor on 73 said that 91 got a CSX engine. Maybe someone down country can report on that.

jb
Actually, both occurred. A CSX engine towed 91 to just outside of RMT where it was cut off and 97's engine was added.

We just crossed it between Deland and Palatka about half an hour back. Now we are stopped just short of Palatka for crossing 97. We are on 98(9).
I am on 98(9) also and have traveled on 98 many times. Today was the first time I have been on 98 that it has passed 53, 97 and 91. WOW!!

We just crossed it between Deland and Palatka about half an hour back. Now we are stopped just short of Palatka for crossing 97. We are on 98(9).
I am on 98(9) also and have traveled on 98 many times. Today was the first time I have been on 98 that it has passed 53, 97 and 91. WOW!!
The storms also caused signal troubles in multiple spots between FLO-RMT.

1378264_650956651610717_2143295862_n.jpg

We have not lost much time since then at CHS we are down 1:20. I will worry if we get behind over three hours.

If a misconnect causes me to be accommodated in Coach I will cancel the rest of the train trip and just fly to Seattle or see if I can fly to Chicago and use the rest of the itinerary. One thing I will not do is ride LD Coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have not lost much time since then at CHS we are down 1:20. I will worry if we get behind over three hours.

If a misconnect causes me to be accommodated in Coach I will cancel the rest of the train trip and just fly to Seattle or see if I can fly to Chicago and use the rest of the itinerary. One thing I will not do is ride LD Coach.
They held 49(9) for 98(8) today so maybe you'll luck out if you lose too much time. Besides, you have the 8400 in your consist. They may need it for a train your train tomorrow. You can stay with it!! :giggle:

Obviously CSX knows of the VIP contingent riding and has done all they can to expedite your trip....
Amtrak is treating us even better on the NEC as we speed along at 110 quite unhindered.
I see you're down to 9 minutes late. That's the good news.

The bad news is after being fired for his erratic behavior at the airport, Stephen Stucker was hired by Amtrak. He's working as the power director on the NYD. This usually means bad news for the NYT district. I see a lengthy delay outside of the tunnel. It's a good thing 49 runs on DC!

35953c7ee848d5f4f093d51a74bba1e0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jb
Actually, both occurred. A CSX engine towed 91 to just outside of RMT where it was cut off and 97's engine was added.
Actually, by the time CSX came up with the freight engine, 97 was already there, so they just dropped the 837 there on 91.

Obviously CSX knows of the VIP contingent riding and has done all they can to expedite your trip....
Amtrak is treating us even better on the NEC as we speed along at 110 quite unhindered.
I see you're down to 9 minutes late. That's the good news.

The bad news is after being fired for his erratic behavior at the airport, Stephen Stucker was hired by Amtrak. He's working as the power director on the NYD. This usually means bad news for the NYT district. I see a lengthy delay outside of the tunnel. It's a good thing 49 runs on DC!

35953c7ee848d5f4f093d51a74bba1e0.jpg
Just kidding!!!!! :lol:

We were on Southbound Auto Train Friday night when storms hit. The big delay was a tree that fell across both tracks. We www stopped for several hours while CSX personnel cleared the tracks. Both Silvers also suffered major delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back