Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Next Phase III P32

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 KnightRail

KnightRail

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

717 done and heading home.
Completed: 700, 701, 704, 707, 710, 711, 714, 717

#22 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

703 is back in town, sporting a new paint job.

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

#23 DevalDragon

DevalDragon

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Railroads, Dragons, Travel

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

701 arrived in Chicago today, heading back home on the Lakeshore as soon as tonight.

Why did it take nearly two months to overhaul that locomotive?

Because it takes 2 months to overhaul a locomotive. How long did you think it would take?

#24 CHvision

CHvision

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Current roster: 700, 701, 703, 704, 707, 710, 711, 714, 716, 717 

#25 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

It sort of irks me that so many locos are getting the Phase III treatment. That color scheme was designed for P42 #145 to celebrate Amtrak's 40th Anniversary. Now it's on #822 and the majority of the P32s. It just makes it that much less special to see a Phase III loco. Could just be me, though...

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#26 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

It's just you.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#27 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

It's just you.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#28 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:22 PM

I actually like the Empire Service livery. It's NY's dime, why not. At least they didn't get the let's b-slap DiBlasio Blue and Gold that the governor has been applying to all things NYS financed around the city. Even the plastic sticks between lanes in the QMT.

#29 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,192 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

Phase III has always been my favorite. Need I say more? :D

#30 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

I love Phase III, and hope that some day all LD cars are painted in it, but I just object to painting every P32 in what was supposed to be a one off Anniversary livery.

#31 mfastx

mfastx

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:59 AM

Why don't they just paint every loco and car in the same color scheme?  Amtrak trains would look so much better if they were uniform. 

• railiner likes this

#32 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:03 PM

Why don't they just paint every loco and car in the same color scheme?  Amtrak trains would look so much better if they were uniform. 

Amtrak serves many different states. They often have their own ideas. New York State was agreeable to this paint scheme and they paid for it.
  • cpotisch likes this

#33 mfastx

mfastx

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

Amtrak serves many different states. They often have their own ideas. New York State was agreeable to this paint scheme and they paid for it.

I realize that, but the rolling stock they use in many state supported services doesn't match the locos. 

#34 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:42 PM

That would be difficult unless the states own or provide their own pool of cars( such as NC). When they dont, they lease equipment from Amtrak and it comes from their general fleet.
  • cpotisch likes this

#35 niemi24s

niemi24s

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:52 AM

Why don't they just paint every loco and car in the same color scheme?

Because Amtrak foamers would have one less thing over which to get their panties all in a wad.

But on second thought, then there'd always be the slight variations in color boundaries or the minute differences in color on the CIE color scale.

Edited by niemi24s, 14 May 2018 - 11:53 AM.

• daybeers likes this

#36 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:19 PM

Why don't they just paint every loco and car in the same color scheme?

Because Amtrak foamers would have one less thing over which to get their panties all in a wad.

But on second thought, then there'd always be the slight variations in color boundaries or the minute differences in color on the CIE color scale.

I'm dead! LOL!!!! 

• cpotisch likes this
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users