Trip Report CL,CZ,CS,TE,SL........long trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice photos, great text, even a worthwhile Lessons Learned segment. So glad your first trip went so well. That was a good move trying out different room types, lots of people ask here about how they compare. You did a good job researching in advance so you knew what to look for from the train. Like you, I don't carry books or movies, never have time for them.

You do know 3751 is not usually on the station tracks? That was a special deal.

Great trip report! I absolutely loved the photos, especially the glimpse into life in Juarez (so very sad for those who want to live there peacefully like your relatives).

I've been on trains where children were warned that running in the aisles, and going between cars without adult supervision, were not permitted. I would have reported that conductor. I have traveled in coach as recently as my last trip in Nov/Dec 2015. Though I am prepared to be less comfortable than in sleeper, and listen to children being children (crying and whining, or being happily loud), I expect that severely disruptive passengers of any age will be appropriately dealt with.

Great trip report and wonderful photos. Glad you had a fun trip and got to see many sites and friends and relatives too. Your Learned Lessons section will be helpful to future Amtrak travelers. CZ and CS are our favorite trains. :)

Back