Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Route I Requested

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CSXfoamer1997

CSXfoamer1997

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:53 AM

Good news, folks!

For those of you who play Train Simulator, I emailed Dovetail Games and requested a new route: The Washington To Pittsburgh Line! I also requested MARC GP40WH-2's, MARC MP36PH-3C's, CSX GP40's, GP38's, as well as CSX SD40's and SD50's (including ones with nose headlights), and also, maybe a few ex-Conrails.

I got the email back from Scott Barker and he said, "I shall be passing this on to our community and development team. Fingers crossed you'll see this route one day!"

#2 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,965 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:04 PM

Good to know, but have you considered becoming part of the community and development team and perhaps develop a route or two yourself? ;) Might be fun you know?

I must admit I have not found the time for such of late, but way back many years I was deeply into a train control game and developed a complete track diagram and signaling charts for the NEC between New York and Trenton. It was kind of fun to try different schedules on it. I had also done hypothetical extension for the then proposed ARC tunnels and the Bergen Loop, and even service to Scranton. It was fun while it lasted.

#3 CSXfoamer1997

CSXfoamer1997

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:20 PM

Good to know, but have you considered becoming part of the community and development team and perhaps develop a route or two yourself? ;) Might be fun you know?

I must admit I have not found the time for such of late, but way back many years I was deeply into a train control game and developed a complete track diagram and signaling charts for the NEC between New York and Trenton. It was kind of fun to try different schedules on it. I had also done hypothetical extension for the then proposed ARC tunnels and the Bergen Loop, and even service to Scranton. It was fun while it lasted.

I wish I could, but I'm not so good at route building. Plus, it takes up quite a lot of time. All I mostly like to build is consists.

#4 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,965 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:26 PM

Cool!

#5 CSXfoamer1997

CSXfoamer1997

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:56 PM

Cool!

Indeed! I love it!

#6 Palmetto

Palmetto

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:00 PM

I've found their product inferior, at least the earlier ones.  There are missing signals, some routes don't have whistleposts, and the like.  I've suggested that FanRailer get a job with them, given all the physics mods he's done!! :lol:

Edited by Palmetto, 29 April 2016 - 03:00 PM.

#7 CSXfoamer1997

CSXfoamer1997

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:03 PM

I've found their product inferior, at least the earlier ones.  There are missing signals, some routes don't have whistleposts, and the like.  I've suggested that FanRailer get a job with them, given all the physics mods he's done!! :lol:

Yes, indeed!

#8 CSXfoamer1997

CSXfoamer1997

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:56 AM

Good news! About the route I requested (Washington to Pittsburgh), Scott just said, "Well, hopefully, you and your friends will see your request come to fruition one day."

Looks like our request is about to come true! If it does, it will become the longest route on the Steam Store! Almost 300 miles between Washington and Pittsburgh, plus the 52-mile branch from Green Spring to Moorefield!

Edited by CSXfoamer1997, 03 May 2016 - 08:57 AM.

#9 CCC1007

CCC1007

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

Good news! About the route I requested (Washington to Pittsburgh), Scott just said, "Well, hopefully, you and your friends will see your request come to fruition one day."

Looks like our request is about to come true! If it does, it will become the longest route on the Steam Store! Almost 300 miles between Washington and Pittsburgh, plus the 52-mile branch from Green Spring to Moorefield!

Development time on a route like that to their standards can take months, so look for it in the fall or winter.

#10 norfolkwesternhenry

norfolkwesternhenry

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Boating, Trains, Mountain Biking, Trains, Having Fun, Trains, working on my bikes, Trains, planning my next trip, PV, trains, planning trips for family

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:40 PM

Can you email Dovetail about a CHI-MKE route with all the CHI yards, horizon cars, F40PH cabbage, P42, and Amfleet cafe/business, I would really like to have a free roam around the CHI Amtrak yard, with all the different types of Viewliners, Superliners, Amfleets, and Horizons. (free roam with View, Super, Hori, and Amfleet could be an add on?)

Edited by norfolkwesternhenry, 16 July 2016 - 09:41 PM.

Empire Builder MSP-CHI (2) CHI-MSP (2) MSP-PDX (1) MSP-CBS (5.5 H late) (1) MKE-MSP (1) MSP-SEA (1) Coast Starlate PDX-EMY (1.5H late) (1) California Zephyr DEN-SLC (1H late) (1) Hiawatha CHI-MKE (1) NE Regional WAS-BAL (1) WAS-NYP (1) Acela Express BAL-WAS (1) BOS-WAS (1) Late Shore (Limited service) CHI-BOS (On Time) (1) Capitol Limited WAS-CHI (1) Texas Eagle SAS-CHI (1.5 HR late, 1 HR late) (2) CHI-SAS (1) (55 min early) Wolverine DET-DER-ARB-CHI (35 Min late) (1) Cascades SEA-VAC (1)
Non-Amtrak: VIA: Corridor Service Q.C.-Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto-Windsor (1) Canadian: VAC-Winnipeg 4.5 H late (1) D. C. metro, Montreal Metro, Toronto subway, Portland streetcars, BART, Metra, NYC subway, Boston subway, Twin cities Blue/Green line

#11 norfolkwesternhenry

norfolkwesternhenry

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Boating, Trains, Mountain Biking, Trains, Having Fun, Trains, working on my bikes, Trains, planning my next trip, PV, trains, planning trips for family

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

would this be a $49.99 route? The most expensive currently is $39.99

Empire Builder MSP-CHI (2) CHI-MSP (2) MSP-PDX (1) MSP-CBS (5.5 H late) (1) MKE-MSP (1) MSP-SEA (1) Coast Starlate PDX-EMY (1.5H late) (1) California Zephyr DEN-SLC (1H late) (1) Hiawatha CHI-MKE (1) NE Regional WAS-BAL (1) WAS-NYP (1) Acela Express BAL-WAS (1) BOS-WAS (1) Late Shore (Limited service) CHI-BOS (On Time) (1) Capitol Limited WAS-CHI (1) Texas Eagle SAS-CHI (1.5 HR late, 1 HR late) (2) CHI-SAS (1) (55 min early) Wolverine DET-DER-ARB-CHI (35 Min late) (1) Cascades SEA-VAC (1)
Non-Amtrak: VIA: Corridor Service Q.C.-Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto-Windsor (1) Canadian: VAC-Winnipeg 4.5 H late (1) D. C. metro, Montreal Metro, Toronto subway, Portland streetcars, BART, Metra, NYC subway, Boston subway, Twin cities Blue/Green line

#12 Palmetto

Palmetto

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:21 AM

If you read some of the messages put out on the website [and a lot get deleted, it seems], some users think that the quality of the product is not in line with the price that is charged.  Poor quality and highly priced.  Too bad.  If one can put up with some non-real situations, then the product is passable, I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users