Cancelled (24 hour rule) under AGR 2.0

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCL

Engineer
So I got a ticket needed almost last minute for someone else who ended up not needing it. I wasn't sure what was the rule on cancellation, so I tried anyways. Looks like I got about 80% of the points back, so it was the 10% cancellation penalty and 10% close-out penalty since it was cancelled less than 24 hours before departure.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got a ticket needed almost last minute for someone else who ended up not needed it. I wasn't sure what was the rule on cancellation, so I tried anyways. Looks like I got about 80% of the points back, so it was the 10% cancellation penalty and 10% close-out penalty since it was cancelled less than 24 hours before departure.
That the new rule. Cancel any AGR reservation at any time, and a penalty of 10% of the redemption points is applied. Cancel "close-in" (within 24 hours for most reservations, or within 14 days for sleeper), and a second 10% penalty is applied. Pretty nasty, but it is what it is.

Back