Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

AMTK Locomotive 66 Hit semi and damaged

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 blackpup

blackpup

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:17 AM

Truck driver is very stupid and very lucky he wasn't killed. 

#142 KnightRail

KnightRail

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:41 AM

For those loosing sleep at night wondering about 66, there it is:

http://www.railpictu...et/photo/579977

#143 CSXfoamer1997

CSXfoamer1997

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

Truck driver is very stupid and very lucky he wasn't killed. 

And get this, he had no insurance!

#144 Just-Thinking-51

Just-Thinking-51

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

I was referring specifically to the driver not having insurance paperwork. But I don't disagree with anything you said.

Failure to have a updated copy of insurance, or a failure to have any insurance. One is a bad thing, the other is a oops.

Have they determine if he just did not have a copy of his current insurance or did he not have insurance.

Have they determine how long the gates were down? The photo show a freight train real close. Did the freight train activate the gates, but not block them? The Amtrak train was on the second track and view was block by the freight train.

Bridges that my dream, you still can get hit by a train from a bridge but you have to be really talented to do so.

#145 CSXfoamer1997

CSXfoamer1997

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

I just saw a recent picture on Facebook, and this is actually no joke! They're currently having it repaired. Its windshields got fixed, it got a new snowplow, so it should return to service once it's rebuilt and inspected.

#146 Karl1459

Karl1459

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Antique Cars and Hot Rods, Firefighting, Bridge (the card game)

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

I just saw a recent picture on Facebook, and this is actually no joke! They're currently having it repaired. Its windshields got fixed, it got a new snowplow, so it should return to service once it's rebuilt and inspected.

Would you be so kind as to post a link the the primary source?

#147 A Voice

A Voice

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Let's see, today's date, and the fact the original source is Facebook.....  

#148 KnightRail

KnightRail

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

Yea it's BS

#149 CSXfoamer1997

CSXfoamer1997

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

https://www.facebook...491081444356391

#150 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

Looking at that photo nothing has changed. And why would they replace a plow first?? That is for sure one of the last things if not the last thing to get fixed. The ditch lights are still broken out and it looks like nothing has been touched.. You're getting your hopes up for no reason IMO. 

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#151 brianpmcdonnell17

brianpmcdonnell17

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

I can't 100% confirm that the rumor is true, but there was just a post in a private Facebook group hinting that another P42 may have been painted into Phase II (#130). A picture was also included and it looks identical to #66 except for the number.
Routes Travelled: CL WAS-CHI, Card. CHI-WAS, Caro. CLT-RGH, CS SEA-LAX, CZ CHI-RIC, Cre. BAL-ATL, EB SEA-CHI, ES NYG/NYP-NFL, LSL BOS/NYP-CHI, ML ALB-NYP, NER FBG-RVR+WAS-BOS, PS LAX-ANA, Pen. NYP-PGH, Pie. RGH-CLT, SM ORL-NYP, SS MIA-NYP

#152 KnightRail

KnightRail

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

I can't 100% confirm that the rumor is true, but there was just a post in a private Facebook group hinting that another P42 may have been painted into Phase II (#130). A picture was also included and it looks identical to #66 except for the number.

Whats not to believe? You are not suggesting that someone would deliberately doctor a photo, put it on the internet, and spread it around as fact when its total fantasy, are you? That would never happen. Ha.

Believe it. 130 is at Beech Grove for capital wreck repair and repainting. Should be out soon.

Edited by KnightRail, 01 March 2018 - 04:46 PM.

#153 brianpmcdonnell17

brianpmcdonnell17

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:48 PM

Whats not to believe? You are not suggesting that someone would deliberately doctor a photo, put it on the internet, and spread it around as fact when its total fantasy, are you? That would never happen. Ha.

Believe it. 130 is at Beech Grove for capital wreck repair and repainting. Should be out soon.
Thanks for the confirmation. I thought that it was probably true, but I have also seen people lie about things that are far harder to prove than simply photoshopping a locomotive number. This will obviously have no effect on the typical passenger's experience, but it is still a positive to have all the paint schemes covered for the railfans and long-time riders out there.
Routes Travelled: CL WAS-CHI, Card. CHI-WAS, Caro. CLT-RGH, CS SEA-LAX, CZ CHI-RIC, Cre. BAL-ATL, EB SEA-CHI, ES NYG/NYP-NFL, LSL BOS/NYP-CHI, ML ALB-NYP, NER FBG-RVR+WAS-BOS, PS LAX-ANA, Pen. NYP-PGH, Pie. RGH-CLT, SM ORL-NYP, SS MIA-NYP

#154 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

Said photo is attached. Credit to the photographer. 

Attached File  28379824_331668203991938_7673939695221585948_n.jpg   63.17KB   20 downloads

• Just-Thinking-51 and daybeers like this
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#155 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,440 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:39 PM

You have to actually ID the photographer to give them credit, dummy. :)
  • daybeers likes this
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#156 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:31 AM

I'm still curious as to why this is in a thread dedicated to the damage of 66. Is it because they have the same paint job? If that is the case, why do we have separate thread for the units with Veteran's Logo?

• AmtrakBlue and JRR like this

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users