Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Make Your Voice Heard By February 8!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

For the first time ever, the U.S. Surface Transportation Board is asking for comments from YOU, the rail-riding public, on two important proposed rule-making decisions: one concerns on-time performance standards and the other centers on whether passenger trains can continue to be given preference in transit on host railroads.

This is one of the extremely rare times in which regulators will be watching the total number of comments, so it’s important that the regulators hear individually from all NARP members and interested rail passengers right away on both actions, but no later than the two deadlines: Feb. 8, 2016, for On-Time Performance, and Feb. 22, 2016, for passenger-train preference.

Generally the STB limits comments to those directly related to the industry, and you can be sure that industry has already weighed in – and continues to weigh in – on these very important points. Don’t let YOUR voice get drowned out, and don’t let YOUR concerns go uncounted!

http://narprail.org/...issues/stb-otp/

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#2 willem

willem

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

Is there an address for sending a paper letter? I do not want yet another set of login credentials.

#3 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,491 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:03 AM

From the e-filing page:

E-filing is not mandatory. You may continue to submit paper filings by submitting an original and ten copies to:

Surface Transportation Board
395 E Street, SW
Washington, DC 20423-0001

Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#4 willem

willem

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:10 AM

Thank you, Ryan. Perhaps I should be more inquisitive.

Really?! An original and ten copies? Since the STB accepts electronic documents, and presumably could scan my original if there was a paperless process, it makes me think that the electronic submissions probably get printed 11 times.

#5 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

It appears that you can also comment through the Federal Register.

Edited by CHamilton, 02 February 2016 - 04:24 PM.

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users