Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

NARP 2016 Regional Meetings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:42 PM

Everyone, whether you are a NARP member or not, is encouraged to attend one of the organization's regional meetings. These meetings are excellent opportunities to hear the latest passenger rail news, and to work with your local communities to work on strategies for improving rail.

Information about the Southwest, Northwest, and New England meetings have already been posted on the NARP website, with more to come. I hope you can join us!

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#2 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,140 posts
  • Interests:Travel by Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

Dang, looks like I missed the half off early bird rate by one day.

We've got provisions and lots of beer. The key word is survival on the new frontier. 

#3 neroden

neroden

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts
  • Interests:Please feel free to moderate my posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

OK, this year I think I am actually going to make it to Schenectady.

--Nathanael--

Please feel free to moderate my posts.

#4 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:39 AM

Registration for the NARP Northwest Region Conference is now open. Please join us! http://allaboardwash...org/springrail/

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#5 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

Want to come to the March 5 NARP NW meeting, but don't want to pay online? Download the form and mail in your check!

http://allaboardwash...ng_Mtg_2016.pdf

#6 Just-Thinking-51

Just-Thinking-51

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:45 PM

Empire State Passenger Association 2016 Action Goals.

1) Complete of the Empire Corridor Tier One Environmental Impact Statement.

2) Expand On-Board Food Service.

3) Implementation Of A On-Board Cleaning Program.

4) Increse Corridor Capacity. (Six additional dedicated coaches)

5) Introduce Business Class Service On The Adirondack.

6) Introduce Additional Service. (One weekend to / from Niagara Falls and daily direct service to / from Saratoga Spring to New York City.)

7) Improve On - Time Performance.

8) Adherence By Amtrak To Strong Service Performance Standards.

#7 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:24 PM

We had an excellent turnout for the March 5 NARP Northwest meeting, with a large number of younger folks. Photos available on the NARP Northwest Region Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NARPNW/

#8 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:37 AM

In case you missed the NW regional meeting, here are the presentations and some photos. http://allaboardwash...rg/2016narpmtg/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users