Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Silvers Over Thanksgiving

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,081 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:48 PM

With that many seats and berths on the Meteor, did they have issues with the Diner or Cafe running out of supplies?

It’s easy to adjust the amount of food.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#22 PaulM

PaulM

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Interests:Bicycling, computer programming, website development, concert band, train travel

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

With that many seats and berths on the Meteor, did they have issues with the Diner or Cafe running out of supplies?

It’s easy to adjust the amount of food.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Yes, but whenever the subject of adding a sleeper comes up, the question of dining car capacity always follows.  I assume the concern is with the time it takes to serve everyone, not the amount of food available.

I'm curious about this because I took the SW Chief round trip from Ft. Madison to Lamy bracketing thanksgiving.  It had an extra sleeper (3 + transition) and two extra coaches (4) both ways.  West bound one half of the diner was closed with the lights out, but with the usual complement of LSA and two servers..  East bound both sides were open; but neither was anywhere near full.  Only a LSA (also waiting tables) and one server were on duty.

In both directions I thought the service level was above average.  By service level I mean the time for food to arrive and the number of requests ignored or forgotten).

Send from my big, bad desktop

#23 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

Send from my big, bad desktop

:giggle:

#24 me_little_me

me_little_me

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:27 PM

we ran northbound with 4 sleepers (all in use) on Nov 27th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users