Ocean View on today's 7 (11-22-15)?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Third, I got the info from the Station Manager.

If you say so. I'm pretty sure he got the name wrong since OCean View is the 10031, but I'll go along with it since things can happen at the last minute. Umm...why not go and snap a picture of it then? I hope you're close to ALB. :ph34r:

Could it be that the super dome in service with friends of 261 is returning home Tyler? They are very similar cars.

The fact he said "and other private cars" makes me think it might be a private car with a similar name. The Ocean View/dome car/10031 is not a private car.

Thirdrail: Do you know where to find the schedule for 10031? One person I know is riding it later this month, but I can't find any info on Amtrak's site, and my Google-fu is failing me today.

Could it be that the super dome in service with friends of 261 is returning home Tyler? They are very similar cars.
See, I believe it is the the SUPER DOME (among other cars)...not the 10031 Ocean View (AKA THE GREAT DOME) that will be on 7.

But Tyler said the station master told him and I'm not great with names.

Grab us some pictures Tyler...or better yet, have the station master do it for you!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The fact he said "and other private cars" makes me think it might be a private car with a similar name. The Ocean View/dome car/10031 is not a private car.

Thirdrail: Do you know where to find the schedule for 10031? One person I know is riding it later this month, but I can't find any info on Amtrak's site, and my Google-fu is failing me today.
As far as I know it is currently holding for a special move.

All I want to do is help. I'm done informing anyone of anything on this site, bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't need to get laughed at or made fun of. That's the thing. There's correcting someone politely, then there is making fun of someone and making them feel bad for making a mistake. I got what was given to me by the station manager.

The biggest difference I can spot between the PS full domes that MILW had and the GN or ATSF built by Budd. The budds have a vestibule while the other doesn't. The budds can run as a standalone unit while the Ps can't.

I think Tyler has a point. He offered information that he sincerely believed was correct. It's ok to politely correct, but to joke at somebody's expense in writing and then act like they can't take a joke if they don't like it is not good practice in a public forum.

I think Tyler has a point. He offered information that he sincerely believed was correct. It's ok to politely correct, but to joke at somebody's expense in writing and then act like they can't take a joke if they don't like it is not good practice in a public forum.
Which is one reason I avoided posting on this site for some time. (That, and taking away guest posts. HINT HINT)

There are some people around here that consistently supply first rate information. Thirdrail7 is one of them. Triley is another. If Thirdrail7 told me that the sun was going to rise in the West tomorrow, I'd wonder what geological and/or astronomical process had caused the earth to start rotating in the opposite direction.

When provided with correct information, the correct response is "Hey, I must have gotten some bag scuttlebtt", not "The station manager told me so" (and therefore you must not know what you're talking about).

Perhaps young Tyler has learned that lesson.

Ok. Now, its my turn. First of all, active railroaders are in a terrible position. They are usually trying to correct and/or provide accurate information without violating any potential code of conduct rules and/or compromising their identities.

That being said, you'll notice a lot of people with direct knowledge have vanished over time as it becomes a tight balancing act.

As such, when I saw something wrong, I didn't make a fuss.

I didn't make a big deal.

I didn't insult.

I did what I typically attempt to do and that is nudge people in the right direction. I did this by making, what I consider a nice, gentle post:

I'm pretty sure the Ocean View will not be on 7(22).

Now, I didn't say anything like THAT CAR IS 800 MILES EAST OF CHICAGO!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WHY ARE GIVING BAD INFORMATION?

I just casually stated that it is a reasonable bet the car is not on the train (especially since active people such as Triley and AmtrakLKL can "probably" see the make up, PNR etc.).

Now, here is what I'll do. In the past, I have stated before the bane of my presence is not being able to post what is really occurring in a direct fashion. So, Tyler can whine and pout and continue to post wrong information..and people that are interested can follow a wrong lead.

In the future, I will not utter a peep.

That is unlikely to help someone that was looking for a cabbage in a place that it wasn't....just like it wouldn't help tyler when he was looking for the heritage units and asked if someone could locate them. If the information is incorrect, I will not say a word.

Enjoy yourselves and carry on.

PS: I'm just putting this here as my last tip of the cap for Ryan: Keep an eye on the Pennsylvanian. It'll take a few weeks, but it change is gonna come! :ph34r:

Unrelated:

Tyler, I'm curious how you know the station manager in Chicago. I wouldn't even know who to look for. :p Heck, I don't even know their name. Did you meet them on a trip? Did you reach out to them beforehand?

Unrelated:

Tyler, I'm curious how you know the station manager in Chicago. I wouldn't even know who to look for. :p Heck, I don't even know their name. Did you meet them on a trip? Did you reach out to them beforehand?
I reach out to them when I come, but I usually go to the Glass house manager (who I will not name as I am not sure if she would want to be) for information.

Don't let fragile egos and stupid drama stop you from posting the straight dope (or at least what you can share).

We need more people that actually know what they're talking about sharing information, not less.

PS: That "Superliners for the pope" thing was really a clever ruse, all along, I knew it. It was a test train for the Pennsy going Superliner so that it can more successfully pass through cars to the Cap (and therefore terminating at PHL), right? :ph34r:

Ok. Now, its my turn. First of all, active railroaders are in a terrible position. They are usually trying to correct and/or provide accurate information without violating any potential code of conduct rules and/or compromising their identities.

That being said, you'll notice a lot of people with direct knowledge have vanished over time as it becomes a tight balancing act.

As such, when I saw something wrong, I didn't make a fuss.

I didn't make a big deal.

I didn't insult.

I did what I typically attempt to do and that is nudge people in the right direction. I did this by making, what I consider a nice, gentle post:

I'm pretty sure the Ocean View will not be on 7(22).
Now, I didn't say anything like THAT CAR IS 800 MILES EAST OF CHICAGO!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WHY ARE GIVING BAD INFORMATION?

I just casually stated that it is a reasonable bet the car is not on the train (especially since active people such as Triley and AmtrakLKL can "probably" see the make up, PNR etc.).

Now, here is what I'll do. In the past, I have stated before the bane of my presence is not being able to post what is really occurring in a direct fashion. So, Tyler can whine and pout and continue to post wrong information..and people that are interested can follow a wrong lead.

In the future, I will not utter a peep.

That is unlikely to help someone that was looking for a cabbage in a place that it wasn't....just like it wouldn't help tyler when he was looking for the heritage units and asked if someone could locate them. If the information is incorrect, I will not say a word.

Enjoy yourselves and carry on.

PS: I'm just putting this here as my last tip of the cap for Ryan: Keep an eye on the Pennsylvanian. It'll take a few weeks, but it change is gonna come! :ph34r:
Please read the PM I sent you.

I'm with Sarah and Ryan on this one Thirdrail, please continue to provide us with whatever "inside" info you can.

Taking things that are posted on the web personally by trolls, know nothings and those just mistaken, is not a good idea!

And hopefully young Tyler has learned the same lesson, don't get your drawers twisted in a knot over stuff on the net!

Keep on keepin' on bro! Look forward to the changes to #42/#43, hopefully it will be good news about run through cars with the Cap!!???

I'm a know nothing? I was trying to provide information with what was given to me. I just want to help a forum that has helped me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back