28 replies to this topic

#21 cirdan

cirdan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:27 AM

There seems to be a long history of small operators going in with high hopes only to see they have overestimated the difficulty of running trains.

Think Wrexham & Shropshire, Iowa Pacific, Interconexx

#22 Just-Thinking-51

Just-Thinking-51

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

Wrexham & Shropshire has a book out from the management team. Good read if you can get a copy.

Locomore sent out a E-mail today. The 5 day a week operated plan is helping with the maintenance issues. The two days they aren't running is helping to catch up on the backlog e-mails. However they issued a one-time discount code. Asking you to ride more offen as the total ridership is a good number but there still in the red.

If I jump on a airplane this week, it will be some place warm where I land.

Edited by Just-Thinking-51, 03 February 2017 - 07:20 PM.

#23 Just-Thinking-51

Just-Thinking-51

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

Random update. Back to 7 days a week in April. Ten passengers cars on property. Eight in use on weekends. Which is keeping the maintenance issues at bay. 2 of cars are rentals. The rest are painted and rebuild to there specific. The engines are contract so far no issues. Still not happy with ridership on certain portions. Still trying to raise funds.

Love how you can rent passengers cars in Europe. If we here in the states had this opportunity.

Edited by Just-Thinking-51, 14 March 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#24 bretton88

bretton88

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

Random update. Back to 7 days a week in April. Ten passengers cars on property. Eight in use on weekends. Which is keeping the maintenance issues at bay. 2 of cars are rentals. The rest are painted and rebuild to there specific. The engines are contract so far no issues. Still not happy with ridership on certain portions. Still trying to raise funds.

Love how you can rent passengers cars in Europe. If we here in the states had this opportunity.

I rode this service a month ago. The cars definitely where old despite the updating. The conductor was super friendly (he even had ridden Amtrak more than me). I got on at the end of the run in Heidelberg so the bathrooms where unusable. Train was fast and only ran about 5 minutes late So all in all a mixed bag.

If I won the lottery, I'd probably build a passenger from nowhere to nowhere.

#25 Just-Thinking-51

Just-Thinking-51

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

Dear Locomore friends,

since 14.12.2016, Locomore has seen 70,000 passengers on board. Especially on Fridays and Sundays, our goal of 1,000 daily passengers has been achieved. Many customers are happy to see new colours and more choice in the German long distance market. Product features such as the upmarket organic coffee set new standards that can no longer be denied by competitors. Aligned with our goal to bring more customers on rails, many of our passengers have indeed found their way to Locomore from other modes of transport.

Final Summer Schedule.

Locomore CEO presented the final Locomore summer schedule in Berlin today. From 6.4.2017, Locomore operates on 6 days per week with daily operation in weeks with public holidays. However, this also means that Locomore will not have daily operations throughout the year, as planned before. The reason is that the results of the first months show that days with low demand in the market are very though for a new competitor like Locomore. Therefore, it is economically not reasonable to run 7/7 throughout the year. Concentrating on peak days, we aim for break-even during summer months. Customers that have already booked a ticket for one of the trains which doesn't run, can rebook cancel their ticket free of charge and will be informed via email today. That email contains further informations.

Fleet growth for peak season.

On peak days, we have already been sold out on many days. Therefore, we rented 4 additional former IR-coaches. We can therefore run with up to 10 coaches per train throughout summer.

New Connection: Berlin - Dortmund/Düsseldorf/Cologne starting in 2018

The next connection Locomore is planning to launch runs from Berlin to Hannover, Dortmund, Düsseldorf and Cologne. We plan to start operation in spring 2018.

Best wishes from the Locomore-team in Berlin

Edited by Just-Thinking-51, 06 April 2017 - 09:39 PM.

#26 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,614 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:08 AM

Locomore files for insolvency

http://www.railwayga...insolvency.html

#27 bretton88

bretton88

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

Locomore files for insolvency

http://www.railwayga...insolvency.html

I took that once, friendly service, but you could tell the carriages where going old (despite the refurbishment, you can only modernize so much). At 7 Euros for the trip, I have no idea how they made any money.

If I won the lottery, I'd probably build a passenger from nowhere to nowhere.

#28 Just-Thinking-51

Just-Thinking-51

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

Just under 5 month. Underfunded adventure. Could not even make to the peak summer travel times. Too bad.

#29 Just-Thinking-51

Just-Thinking-51

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:10 PM

Leo express is try to buy Locomore to expand its private operation passengers trains foot print.

http://www.railwayga...y-locomore.html

Leo is a Czech open access operator not currently run trains in Germany.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users