Hoosier State update

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSS&A

Lead Service Attendant
Iowa pacific will begin the business class service on the Hoosier State on October 2nd. They also had locomotive problems last week that resulted in bus substitution. Here's a link to information on these updates:

https://csanders429.wordpress.com/

Hi, The evening IP train was substituted with a bus this evening. This makes sense if the train didn't arrive in Chicago this morning.

Service disruption again both ways Sunday. I believe that makes a full week since the train last ran.

The deadhead IP train has arrived as usual at Chicago on the rear of the Cardinal, just seen it turn on the wye via the webcam.

The Iowa Pacific Hoosier State departed Chicago tonight with grey painted locomotive no. 4144 on the rear end. An Amtrak train blocked my view of the rest of the train.

The Iowa Pacific Hoosier State departed Chicago tonight with grey painted locomotive no. 4144 on the rear end. An Amtrak train blocked my view of the rest of the train.
I believe I saw the same engine on 10/9. I don't pay attention to hull #'s, but noticed SLRG, which I believe stands for San Luis Rio Grand, a short line in southern Colorado operated by IP. Would this have been brought in as a substitute for the regular engine, which I had thought sported the Illinois Central color scheme along with the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back