• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 GG-1

GG-1

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts
  • Interests:PRR GG1 and riding the rails to "see the USA in your Chev".....Train

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

Aloha

Before I left in 2010 Oahu had a Duck tour

GG-1, Aloha, Mahalo = Thanks
http://gg-1.smugmug.com/'>Picture Galleries

Posted Image

#42 chakk

chakk

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:07 PM

Rode the Seattle Duck last month.   Did not take note of our vehicle number, so can't say if our Duck was the one involved in the crash a month later.   I did notice that they are very strong (built like a tank) and have very little leg room between seats.   So, it would seem to me that it would be pretty hard for passengers in the Duck to go flying if involved in a collision.

#43 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

UTC to release recommendations on Ride the Ducks vehicles
SEATTLE — The state of Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission will release its recommendations Tuesday afternoon about “Ride the Ducks” tour vehicles....
The soon-to be-released report will make recommendations on whether ducks can resume operations, and if so, what changes need to be made.
The National Transportation Safety Board will determine the cause, and Tuesday’s news briefing will not speculate on it.

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#44 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

Investigation finds 442 safety violations of Ride The Ducks

The Washington state Utilities and Transportation Commission has released the results of its investigation into Ride The Ducks following September's deadly crash on the Aurora Avenue Bridge.

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#45 Just-Thinking-51

Just-Thinking-51

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

So in short the only thing that they could get the operator on was small stuff. Random drug testing program, and a expired/invalid driver.

Ok another everyone must be spotless report. No smoking gun.

We're still left with the should ex-military vehicles be allow on the street, and why are buses not built better to survive a accident.

#46 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:58 PM

City of Seattle wants 'Ride the Ducks' operation sidelined

#47 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:48 PM

More lawsuits filed against Seattle's Ride the Ducks

#48 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

Ride the Ducks agrees to proposed settlement with state

#49 fairviewroad

fairviewroad

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

Another crash today, though this was appears to be far less serious.

http://www.seattlepi...ter-7221163.php

Close-up photo:

https://twitter.com/...663493110886400

#50 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

No one was injured, luckily.

Ride the Ducks vehicle crashes in Lower Queen Anne; authorities investigating

#51 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

Ride the Ducks crash lawsuits stacking up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users