The Wolverine to Pontiac, Mi

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Creighton

Train Attendant
Today, September 2nd, on 350 The Wolverine to Pontiac, Mi. On time departure from Union Station. No big delays out of Chicago. Windows on the train a little scratchy. Coach is stuffy and humid. Perhaps stopping for a sweat shirt at Walmart on the way to the train not necessary. I'll be posting some "window pics" on Instagram. I'm robcreighton there if anyone's interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early into Battle Creek.
32fc156a0e17812fbe9b112c5f14eb36.jpg
7bf32b7e25c43467e0da6c7a84c233b4.jpg
6fc1e3aab859741b94a4c8e9532819ff.jpg

Was the Biz Class Car full on this train?

I always enjoyed riding in the ex- Metroliner Club car with the nice 2x1 Seating between Detroit and Chicago when I would visit my B-IL in Windsor?(the Biz Class Upgrade only was $12 in those days)

I didn't peak beyond the curtain when I was at the cafe, but it was priced significantly higher when I booked. Enough to stifle any curiosity I had about trying it.

I was obsessed with Metroliners as a kid, but never got to ride one. I'd like to do the Acela someday. And also the Texas Eagle from Dallas to Chicago. Need more vacation time for that!

BC used to be an easy upgrade, but it's been priced so prohibitively over the past few years that I almost always use points to book it. A round-trip to Chicago, on the weekend, can easily cost $150-180 in BC if departing from Kalamazoo. I have no idea how much it would cost from Ann Arbor and other metro Detroit stops.

It's definitely worth checking out some time, though. Having lounge access is great, the leather seats are really comfortable, the lights are dimmed, everyone is quiet, and you get a free non-alcoholic beverage.

I really like the 2x1 seating because even if I can't get a seat by myself, there's a large armrest with cupholders between the seats. It's about the size of the center console in a sedan. There's also more leg room than they have in coach, and you get a leg and foot rest. I'm pretty sure the seats are a little wider too, but I've never measured to confirm that.

I like your vintage Cubs hat. :)

Back