San Antonio Amtrak Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a resident of San Antonio I believe it is time to improve our station. Rather than just going down the path of what I believe needs to be done I am soliciting your comments on (1) any personal experiences both good and bad that you have had here and (2) what you as rail travelers expect as minimum service at railroad stations.

The station is leased to Amtrak by our local transportation authority, VIA. As such they will be the primary agency I hope to have a dialogue with. If you feels there are some issues that Amtrak can handle please advise. Train scheduling is not one issue that want to address.

Please contact me via email and note if I can or cannot quote your comments when I present my case.

Long term there is talk about using the remodeled Mopac station but I see this as 4 to5 years away. Thanks

I think I responded to a PM a while back as well. Or I might be thinking of someone else. I'm not as politically active as I once was and our current council doesn't seem especially open to new passenger rail, but it never hurts to ask or simply provide advice if they're genuinely indifferent.

Back