867 replies to this topic

#861 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

A picture finally appeared on Facebook today. There is a blue Amtrak logo on the sides with the words Amtrak Midwest beside it in blue on the gray background. On the front where the background is blue, the same logo and lettering is present in white. It is nothing flashy, but I personally believe it looks very good. Since it appears the locomotives are going to be painted in general Midwest lettering, will they be rotated through Illinois, Michigan, and Missouri regardless of the owner?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Amtrak Forum mobile app

Soooo, are you going to post it here for those that have don't access or include the link for those that do have access?

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

#862 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:Ask me!

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

Photo by Robert Mueller:

Attached File  20664889_10156458744913835_3228826500986243988_n.jpg   67.88KB   34 downloads

4/1/1955 - NYC "Pacemaker" - NYP to CHI 

9/14 - EB - CHI to PDX , CS - PDX to EMY, CZ - EMY to CHI

3/15 CONO - Round trip 

9/15 CL CHI to WAS, Acela WAS to BOS, LSL BOS to CHI

11/15 CONO - Round trip

5/16 EB - Round trip

12/16 CONO -  Round Trip

5/17 EB - Round trip

10/17 CONO - Round trip

#863 brianpmcdonnell17

brianpmcdonnell17

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

A picture finally appeared on Facebook today. There is a blue Amtrak logo on the sides with the words Amtrak Midwest beside it in blue on the gray background. On the front where the background is blue, the same logo and lettering is present in white. It is nothing flashy, but I personally believe it looks very good. Since it appears the locomotives are going to be painted in general Midwest lettering, will they be rotated through Illinois, Michigan, and Missouri regardless of the owner?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Amtrak Forum mobile app

Soooo, are you going to post it here for those that have don't access or include the link for those that do have access?
Sorry, I didn't know the rules for sharing someone else's photos from a private Facebook group. It appears another poster has shared on here.

Edited by brianpmcdonnell17, 13 August 2017 - 01:22 PM.

Trains travelled: Capitol Limited WAS-CHI, Cardinal CHI-WAS, Carolinian CLT-RGH, Coast Starlight SJC-LAX, Crescent BAL-ATL, Empire Builder MSP-CHI, Empire Service NYP-NFL+NYG-YNY, Lake Shore Limited BOS-ALB, Maple Leaf ALB-NYP, Northeast Regional FBG-RVR+WAS-BOS, Pacific Surfliner LAX-ANA, Pennsylvanian NYP-PGH, Piedmont RGH-DNC, Silver Meteor ORL-NYP, Silver Star FTL-WAS, 2016 Autumn Express NYP-HAR-NYP

Upcoming New Routes: Lake Shore Limited NYP-CHI (December), California Zephyr CHI-RIC (December), Coast Starlight SJC-SEA (December), Empire Builder SEA-MSP (January).

Non Amtrak: Atlanta Streetcar, Caltrain, CTA, DC Streetcar, Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, LIRR, MARC, MARTA, MBTA Subway, Metra, Metrolink, Metro-North, METRO Transit Light Rail, Miami Metrorail, Muni Metro, NJT Commuter Rail, North Star, NYC Subway, PATH, Pittsburgh Light Rail, River Line (NJT), SEPTA Regional Rail, SEPTA Subway, South Shore Line, Sunrail, Staten Island Railway, TECO Streetcar, Tri-Rail, Washington Metro

#864 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,395 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Private groups are just that. ;)
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#865 Ngotwalt

Ngotwalt

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

They came out of the factory equipped with inward and outward cameras. That isn't the hold up although it ultimately involves monitoring.

Thanks for the correction. I hope they get it worked out. Anything that involves Amtrak having more capacity (including motive power capacity) is something that I and most people on this forum are all for, so I get excited about these being in service and able to lead.

Cheers,

Nick

Amtrak mileage, who knows? Approximately 250,000 miles. Keystones, Pennsylvanian, Three Rivers, Broadway Limited, Capitol Limited, Lake Shore Limited (NYC&BOS), Regionals, Acela Express, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Palmetto, Auto Train, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, California Zephyr, Desert Wind, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder (SEA&PDX), Coast Starlight, Cascades, Wolverines, the International, the Maple Leaf, Adirondack, Ethan Allen Express, Downeaster, and Surfliners.

Outside the US, VIA: The Canadian, The Ocean, The Corridor QC to Sarnia; Rocky Mountaineer; Western Europe: The Deerstalker (London-Inverness), IC125s, IC225s, Pendolinos, Eurostars, TGV, Thalys, CNL's Pollux (Amsterdam-Munich), Glacier Express, Ave (BCN-Madrid), RZD Moscow-Chita train, Astrakhan-Volgograd train.

#866 west point

west point

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:10 PM

The two loco trains brings up some speculation. 

1.  Checking ability of the Chargers to operate with the P-42s

2.  Charger HEP plays nice with rest of equipment.

3.  Then have Charger provide traction with P-42 idling.

4.  Have Charger lead.

5.  May be some number of miles for charger to break in ?

#867 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,908 posts

Posted Today, 04:32 AM

Photo by Robert Mueller:

attachicon.gif20664889_10156458744913835_3228826500986243988_n.jpg

Looks much better then just the word Siemens written in big green letters. I think it looks good.
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#868 frequentflyer

frequentflyer

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted Today, 03:50 PM

Now if we could just have some "new" cars to go with the "new" locomotives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CAMISSY55