Hi y'all

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm John from Tallahassee, in north Florida. I'm retired from the state of Fla. and probably got my interest in trains from my dad who retired from Westinghouse Air Brake Co. After 40 years. In the late '80s I rode Amtrak from JAX up to NYC several times. Lately have taken the CZ to SanFran twice and the SWC from LA back to CHI twice. My name on AU is ANRR - Apalichicola Northern RR, a short line here in north Florida. I'm in a group that restored the last depot on the AN and set up a RR museum in it. In less than 2 weeks my wife and I are flying to CHI and taking the EB (first time) to SEA and than taking a cruise to Alaska. All for now.

Hi John! I can sympathize about having no local station. I'm about 150 miles from the nearest Amtrak stations, LOL! One of them is Pasco, on the Empire Builder, and the other is Bend Bus Station, where I catch a shuttle to the Coast Starlight (another train you absolutely must take some day).

Hubby and I went through Tallahassee on our round-the-country Amtrak trip (did a Greyhound bus bridge from Savannah to NOL). We stayed in Tallahassee overnight, and found the folks there to be really friendly. I don't know how many miles you are from an active Amtrak station, but it must be comparable to us.

I am sure you will enjoy your trip on the Builder. Please come back to write a trip report and let us know how it turns out!

Thanks for all your comments - RR Bill, Oregon Pioneer, jimhudson, & Amtrak Blue.

I'm about 150 miles from the nearest Amtrak station, over in Jax, but if the Sunset ever gets rolling across north Florida, I'll be on it!

Thanks for all your comments - RR Bill, Oregon Pioneer, jimhudson, & Amtrak Blue.

I'm about 150 miles from the nearest Amtrak station, over in Jax, but if the Sunset ever gets rolling across north Florida, I'll be on it!
Ha, ha, if the Pioneer comes back, it'll cut my drive to only 100 miles! I hope BOTH our trains come back!
And if the Desert Wind is brought back, eventually Oregon Pioneer will join up.

Aloha

Back