partial refund after bus cancellation?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a partial refund when you don't get to ride the bus from the Amtrak stop for reasons outside of your control?

I had my roomette ride from PRB to OAK and was supposed to connect to the bus for San Francisco Financial District. After getting off the train and everyone waiting for about 30 min for the bus in Oakland, an Amtrak employee comes out, throws his hands in the air and said that the driver just quit with no notice. We could either catch a train to Emeryville and a bus from there or take the BART. I gave up and just took the BART as it would be quicker anyways.

I think that if Amtrak did not provide a bus that you had a ticket for, and you were forced to take alternate transportation, you can call Custoimer Relations and ask. You may be given a voucher.

On the other hand, Amtrak would have provided transportation via Emeryville and a bus from there, so it's all in how they interpret it.

We could either catch a train to Emeryville and a bus from there or take the BART. I gave up and just took the BART as it would be quicker anyways.
If Amtrak give the passengers the choice between a train to Emeryville and a bus from there, or take the BART, that Amtrak obligations would be to pay for the passenger's choice. So, if the OP chose BART, the OP is due reimbursement for BART (if Amtrak didn't already pay for it).

At least that's the way I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back