Help Jax Folks!!!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rail Freak

Engineer
My brother has been scheduled for open heart surgery next week @ Mayo Clinic, I need to know the quickest & cheapest plan to get to the La Quinta on Butler Ave exit 334 from the station !!!!!

Thanx A Bunch

RF

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know anything about JAX but doing some noodling around on the web I found this. Station is not close to downtown, not in a great part of town and is on the opposite end of downtown from your Hotel. Public Transportation isn't the greatest so taxi would be the fastest. Maybe Uber. The Cheapest would be city bus. http://www.jtafla.com/Schedules

Looks like it would be bus 3 to Rosa Parks and then bus 7 from Rosa Parks transportation center to Phillips Highway and Butler Ave. From there a short walk of maybe two blocks. If you take the bus I would call and confirm this info is correct. (904) 630-3100. This may work if you take the #98 but the #92 might get in to late. For an 8pm arrival instructions look like below so you see it would be a two hour trip after you get on the first bus. This isn't quick.

[SIZE=12pt]At 8:43 PM, walk to stop Amtrak Station, JACKSONVILLE (2 min.).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]At 8:45 PM, take Bus route 3[V] direction Southbound. At 9:17 PM, arrive at stop Rosa Parks Station Bay M, JACKSONVILLE (32 min.).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Walk to stop Rosa Parks Station Bay D, JACKSONVILLE for transfer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wait 51 minute(s).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]At 10:10 PM, take Bus route 7[V] direction Southbound. At 10:37 PM, arrive at stop 6940 Philips Hwy., JACKSONVILLE (27 min.).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Walk to stop 4670 Lenoir Ave., JACKSONVILLE. Arrive at 10:47 PM (10 min.).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Regular fare: $3.00
Reduced fare: $1.50
Senior fare : $0.00
[/SIZE]

Station is in a sketchy part of town. Just take a taxi but is about 14 miles to your hotel. Perhaps Enterprise would meet you with a rental car which would help with your hospital trips and might not cost much more than two long taxi rides. Good luck.

Taxi is fast and expensive (up to around $40). Bus is cheap but WAY slow, and no telling based on actual Amtrak arrival times.

Are you tech savvy enough to try Uber? As low as an estimated $13 per their website. All you need is an account and an app for your phone.

Taxi is fast and expensive (up to around $40). Bus is cheap but WAY slow, and no telling based on actual Amtrak arrival times.

Are you tech savvy enough to try Uber? As low as an estimated $13 per their website. All you need is an account and an app for your phone.
And before signing up for Uber, look for a coupon. I found a $25 coupon and an even better $30 one. I used that one for my first trip (you only get one signup coupon) . It also was my only Uber trip. Didn't cost me a dime as the trip was just under $30 (although I tipped the driver).

That's very interesting, I didn't know that the Mayo Clinic had a campus in Jacksonville. Best wishes to your brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back