#6 CZ Very Late (6/6)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffaloBoy

Service Attendant
The #6 shows 6 1/2 hours late at Osceola, Iowa.I wonder whats up with that? #4 is 6 hours late as well. I'm thinking there will be a few (complimentary) unplanned hotel stays in Chicago tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely high water is a contributor. I've taken #6 Chicago to Denver several times, and June is often slow going in Iowa and over the Mississippi. And this year has been rainier than usual.

Speaking of late trains, 29 was almost five hours late into Chicago today. This is the latest they have been in quite some time. We are leaving next Sunday on 29 connecting with 421 in Chicago. Today's 1:45 arrival was only five minutes before The Texas Eagles departure. We have a sleeper on 421 going to LA. I would imagine even if they arrived at 2PM they would hold 421. If the train is more than 6 hours late, Amtrak would put us on The Southwest Chief. but if there were no sleepers available, would they put us up overnight in Chicago if sleepers were available on the next days Chief? We really don't want to go coach. We've had this trip planned for eleven months.

Hopefully, this five hour delay was an isolated event. Last year around this time 29 and 49 were routinely running four to six hours late.

There were tornadoes and severe thunderstorms in Colorado and Kansas last night. That likely contributed to the delays.

I don't know if this is the same delay you're talking about, but I saw another post recently, saying that 'the metrolink angels express switched to the southbound track [at fullerton] because Amtrak 4 is on track 1, at 10:50pm, about 4 hours late. I can't find the thread.

Also, when I checked the next day, it indeed was 4 hrs 49 mins out of fullerton, and up to 6 hrs late along the way. Maybe this is the delay?

I don't know if this is the same delay you're talking about, but I saw another post recently, saying that 'the metrolink angels express switched to the southbound track [at fullerton] because Amtrak 4 is on track 1, at 10:50pm, about 4 hours late. I can't find the thread.

Also, when I checked the next day, it indeed was 4 hrs 49 mins out of fullerton, and up to 6 hrs late along the way. Maybe this is the delay?
Wrong train. This thread is about the CZ not the SWC

Here's that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back