Places to eat near LYH and PTB

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seaboard92

Engineer
In a few weeks I'll be working the 611 excursions from Lynchburg to Petersburg. Does anyone know of any good food near Lynchburg amtrak station. And I'm thinking we're arriving at the Petersburg N&W station downtown. So anywhere within a few block radius or delivery would be helpful. Thank you guys. And if you're on the train feel free to stop by. Shoot me a PM and come meet up

Sorry but not much around the LYH station. MaryJane Cafe is right across the street from Kemper St station, but I can't say anything about the food. It is more of a beer joint from what I hear.

Will they be loading at the Amtrak Kemper St station or the old NW station at the end of

Woodall Rd?

I haven't heard where we are loading yet. I'm assuming at the moment kemper street due to it having a fairly long platform

The Trip Advisor website may have useful information regarding restaurants close to those locations.

In a few weeks I'll be working the 611 excursions from Lynchburg to Petersburg. Does anyone know of any good food near Lynchburg amtrak station. And I'm thinking we're arriving at the Petersburg N&W station downtown. So anywhere within a few block radius or delivery would be helpful. Thank you guys. And if you're on the train feel free to stop by. Shoot me a PM and come meet up
There are plenty of good restaurants within easy walk of the N&W station in Petersburg. Google Old Towne Petersburg and you will get the scoop. Croakers Spot for fish, Maria's for Italian, Andrade's for Mexican/Tex Mex, Lonsgstreet's Deli, good craft beers, Sauacy's for BBQ, The Dixie for diner food (great home made scapple BTW). I'm missing a few.

Yesterday's run didn't seem that bad to me actually
If you are so inclined I think some of the members would be interested in hearing about your experiences with the 611 excursions. Maybe the moderators will move it as not specific to Amtrak. I will be in Petersburg when the 611 comes to town. The City put on a good show when the Nickle Plate loco came to town last year.

I think you will enjoy your brief amount of time in the fine City of Petersburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back