Rewards Points With La Quinta Inns

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dovecote

OBS Chief
I am still awaiting to receive 750 AGR points from a stay at La Qunita Inns about six weeks ago. The fine print states points will post 6-8 weeks following the stay. Anyone have problems with points not posting after the allotted wait?

Add me to the list. Apr 17 and 18 and still no points. I've emailed AGR (the missing points form is for Amtrak travel only). I don't expect an answer soon.

(Sorry for so late to the thread... but have relevant info...)

La Quinta points seem to be dependent on special action by the desk clerk when you check in. We had one clerk early in 2014 who nodded every time I asked her to be sure about the points on a two-night stay... but the points never appeared. Apparently it requires going to another screen or set of screens and is too much trouble if they're not interested in something that doesn't effect them right then and there, or are too busy.

Yeah, but the clerk apparently has to do something special to enter your AGR number. I worked pretty hard getting this one clerk to even acknowledge it, and, like I said, she nodded in confirmation but nothing ever showed in my statement. I couldn't see the screen (you usually never can), so I don't know if she was simply going through the motions so I would stop casting my shadow over the front desk. :wacko:

Ah... there's the difference. Thanks. I don't stay at LQ often enough (maybe once every two years) to bother keeping a profile on their system. Not that I necessarily avoid them, they're just usually not in the places I need to be.

I just hung up with a reservation rep on there 800 #. She told me to make reservations thru them instead of the hotel directly & there wont be a problem. She also said thet your membership will be canceled without activity for 18 months! I'm glad I called, as my membership had cancelled but she reinstated it for me.

I don't know if it is normal for La Quinta points; but after 4 calls to AGR, I found that the points had posted. The catch was that the posting date, unlike all other types of points, was back dated to the date of stay, more than two months ago. So I have no idea when they posted or what caused them to post.

I don't know if it is normal for La Quinta points; but after 4 calls to AGR, I found that the points had posted. The catch was that the posting date, unlike all other types of points, was back dated to the date of stay, more than two months ago. So I have no idea when they posted or what caused them to post.
I followed your lead Paul and called AGR today (instead of the La Qunita establishment). The AGR rep was very helpful and considerate. She collected the necessary information from me and forwarded it to the Operations Department. I was told within two weeks I should know if the posts post. To be continued......

Well it finally happened! The points posted to my account today. This after two calls to AGR following the eight week waiting period after the initial stay. Apparently AGR, after contacting LaQuinta, was instrumental in solving this issue.

I've stayed at a LaQuinta for 8 nights since my last post & having trouble getting any pts. at all! May start staying at other hotels if this isnt resolved!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back