Silver star 92 (4/26/15)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jld263

Sitting here at PHL and the silver star... Southbound is indicated only as delayed without an estimate some 8 hrs later. What's going on/turnaround equipment problems? The meteor has already passed it, and I assume folks have been rebooked to that?

ok . . . i'm not really sure, but here's what might have happened (with info from other posts)

the auto train 52 hit a tree and it got delayed by 10 hours (that's late even by amtrak standards)

the silver star 92, i saw on the track a train on amtrak.com, showed it as 5.5 hours late in north carolina. maybe it was also affected by that tree.

however, this shouldn't be a problem, even if it was ontime (nyc arrival 718P by an old time table), the southbound 91 would have departed at 1102A earlier that morning. maybe the northbound 92 or 98 yesterday got affected and messed it up? who knows . . . .

I hope the train eventually comes for you! If the meteor passed it, then that train is REALLY late!

Also, funny the 50 & 51 cardinals are mysteriously on-time the past week!

From Amtrak Status info at Dixieland Software on today's (April 26) number 91, southbound Silver Star:

PHL * * 1 1235P * 1238P Departed: 3 minutes late.
Maybe a local glitch on the train departure board? It's in North Carolina now.

Northbound number 92 is late, showed departing Baltimore about 5 hours late at 848 PM.

Southbound trains have odd numbers, northbound ones even numbers (as in 91 - 92).

Jim

92 probably was affected by it as well, because I know it was close enough to 52 that they set off their lead engine for 52 to take. I haven't been able to dig up any more info than that.

That delay on the NB train is puzzling. There's something like 14 hours between the SB trains' arrivals and the NB trains' departures, so unless you had a truly catastrophic delay (i.e. like 8 hours) this shouldn't be happening. Moreover, Amtrak should know they're going to have someone "blow up" when the train leaves MIA and be able to avert this.

With that said, given the indicated times my best guess is that Amtrak knew they were going to blow up and had a replacement en route from Orlando or Tampa when the train left Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back