Travelling with 2 fairly large bags on Thruway Bus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rae

I have difficulty working out if it possible to travel with 2 bags ( 2 people) measuring 30 x 12x15 inches & 26 x 17 x 17 inches on a thruway bus from Vancouver to Seattle. It says no checked baggage but they are too big to go under the seats, will there be a luggage area.We are booking from the UK & I don't want to arrive & find it's not possible to travel. Advice & information gratefully received

The buses have large storage compartments under the bus.You roll your bags to the side of the bus and the driver will place the bags in the compartments.

Thanks for that RRRick, so this is different to the checked baggage service ? available to all passengers is how I'm understanding it

When you reach the border on the bus from VAC to SEA you will have to pick up your own bags and put them on a conveyor belt to be inspected while you go through customs. The bags will be reloaded under the bus unless there is something they want to ask about.

The bus is inspected to make sure nothing is left on board before it pulls forward to be reloaded.

Thanks for that RRRick, so this is different to the checked baggage service ? available to all passengers is how I'm understanding it
Yes, available to all riders. You should receive a bag tag to reclaim your bag at the destination.You and the baggage will line up for customs border inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back