Longtime lurker emerging from the shadows

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royal Blue

Train Attendant
Greetings, Everyone!

I spend way too much time on this forum, so I decided finally to join and participate in the discussions. I am Lisa, a 49 year old woman who lives close enough to DC Union Station to walk there. I don't have a car and I hate flying (unless it's first class, but that's rare), so trains are pretty important to me.

I took my first Amtrak trip in 2005 between DC and NYC, with several more NEC trips to follow. My other half and I took our first LD train from DC to Memphis in October 2014, and now we're hopelessly hooked, even after the 11-hour Capitol Limited delay into Chicago and the bone-rattling ride on the CONO through Illinois at 79 mph (the train left CUS late, so the crew was making up time.) Next followed a round-trip to New Orleans on the Crescent, and we're headed for LAUS in a few weeks on the CL/SWC. And, we have another two LD trips tentatively planned after that. We don't really know any other railfans in real life, and we have noticed that our friends and relatives tend to zone out during our blow-by-blow accounts of our Amtrak experiences. So, I hope you don't mind if I spare the friends and relatives and tell you all about our Amtrak dramas and delights, instead.

I have learned a ton about riding the rails on the AU forums, and I'm excited to get to know you all better!

Welcome! (I like your name - is blue your favorite color as it is mine?)

If you want to meet some AUers in person, a lot of us (40-50 usually) will be in DC in Oct for our annual Gathering. Check out the Gathering section of the forum for info (not an lot yet, just dates & location) and for past gatherings. We'll be riding the rails in and around DC.

Welcome! (I like your name - is blue your favorite color as it is mine?)

If you want to meet some AUers in person, a lot of us (40-50 usually) will be in DC in Oct for our annual Gathering. Check out the Gathering section of the forum for info (not an lot yet, just dates & location) and for past gatherings. We'll be riding the rails in and around DC.
I am fond of blue, but wanted a screen name to reflect one of the famous old passenger trains. The B&O Royal Blue was the B&O Railroad's premier train between DC and NYC -- since my first Amtrak trip was between DC and NYC, it seemed fitting.

Looking forward to October!

Hello.gif
Howdy from New Mexico
Hello.gif

Back