Amtrak's SSM, version 8.1

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jebr

Enthusiastic Transit Rider
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
"The Last Great City of the East," St. Paul, MN
Attached is the newest version of Amtrak's Service Standards Manual (version 8.1,) effective Oct. 30, 2014.

This was obtained via the FOIA process. Some parts are redacted pursuant to exemption 7f of the FOIA process (essentially parts covering terrorism.)

ServiceStandardsManualVersion08R.pdf

Attachments

• ServiceStandardsManualVersion08R.pdf
    9.9 MB · Views: 305
Wow, there is a ton of great info in here.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. I saved a copy of the PDF to my computer and will save a copy to my laptop - which will be with me on the trains.

I was just reading the TAC (Train Attendant Coach) section and Coach pax can request at seat meal service from the Dining or Café/Lounge Car - from meal ordering to payment. (page 6-82 & page 7-28).

If a train has 1 to 4 Coach cars only 1 attendant is assigned for all the Coach cars until the number of passengers exceeds 150 for at least four (4) hours of daylight travel to warrant an additional Train Attendant-Coach being added to the crew. (page 6-74)

Page 7-23:

C) Sleeping cars

If a Sleeping Car does not have their complimentary beverages and/or has an inoperative coffee maker, passengers in that car may obtain their complimentary beverages by presenting their ticket receipt to the LSA-Lounge.

Last edited by a moderator:
very insightful .. I am glad to see some changes in it .

Lets see if it's used :)

I noticed the part about the colors of the seat checks Green appears to be for folks whom need assistance . .

I am really excited to seee the segway thing take shape . Its been a long time coming .

I just PRAY the folks in eugene and portland are RTFM( reading there fantastic manuals )

I would hate to travel to my folks in EUG and then due to some one slacking be stuck down there for longer then I can stay , denied a return trip.

I can drag out that PDF as a giant book but if the person there does not want to do there job I am outta luck.

For most, the wonderful" amtrak ebb and flow of consistency" is a minor itch. for some it can be much worse.

Attached is the newest version of Amtrak's Service Standards Manual (version 8.1,) effective Oct. 30, 2014.

This was obtained via the FOIA process. Some parts are redacted pursuant to exemption 7f of the FOIA process (essentially parts covering terrorism.)
Since you don't have the OSU's you don't have an up to date Service Standards. The OSU's supersede what is in the book and five months out there have been a number of OSU's. Every Wednesday there are new OSU's.

very insightful .. I am glad to see some changes in it .

Lets see if it's used :)

I noticed the part about the colors of the seat checks Green appears to be for folks whom need assistance . .
The Green Seat checks have been in there and used for years.

I have a question.

On my most recent trip, I was not reminded by OBS to maintain a braced position while peeing, as they are required to do by Chapter 1 Section 1 Subsection F Part 7 Paragraph a.

To whom do I report this outrage?

I have a question.

On my most recent trip, I was not reminded by OBS to maintain a braced position while peeing, as they are required to do by Chapter 1 Section 1 Subsection F Part 7 Paragraph a.

To whom do I report this outrage?
I'd go to the top!

Unless of course, they just assume everyone sits to pee while on a train as it rockets through the wilds of our great country? (ewwww)

I will say that that this is one of the few times I've seen reasonable redaction. A lot of other agencies are total lawbreaking jackasses about redaction. But here, the only redacted bits are procedures which might be "game-able".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back