Hotel in Halifax

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Railroad Bill

Buckeye Train Watcher
AU Supporting Member
*** This post was made to an old thread ***

We are planning a trip on the Ocean in June and wondering about the hotel options near the station. We have a room booked at the Westin and one at the Hampton Inn. The Westin is obviously closer and convenient to the VIA station but the Hampton is new but a mile away. Any recommendations on which you would prefer. Price wise there is only a $10 difference with the Westin special on right now. Thanks for the help and apologize if I subverted this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hampton Inns are nice. ( is Breakfast included?) but for $10 I'd snag the Westin (connected to the VIA Station) in a New York Minute Bill!!( food and drink will be pricier @ the Westin but there are plenty of places closeby to eat)

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't stayed at either, but have stayed in others in those chains. The Westin is definitely a higher class hotel than a Hampton Inn...

This particular Westin has a rich history, formerly a CN Railway hotel. Royalty have stayed there.... http://www.thewestinnovascotian.com/hotel-history

Each year, I take a cruise thru Atlantic Canada, and always take a 'short-cut' thru the hotel to check out the VIA Rail station and bus terminal. It is in a very nice locale. I also stop at the nearby Atlantic Superstore for various sundries sometimes.....

Great choice. I stayed at the Westin when I took the Ocean last summer. It is a very nice and historic hotel and is connected via an interior corridor directly to the VIA Rail Station.

Back