Foamers and Trekkers and Cons, oh my! SF fans descend on SPK

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't they just have Ensign Wasshizzname send them via a transporter?

I bet that there will be at least one tribute session for Leonard Nimoy during the event.

The Star Trek Enterprise has much in common with our Amtrak beloved. We boldly go where we have, and have not, gone before, to do the work of learning, attending, recovering, building, and learning. Whether as Dr. Spock or himself, Leonard's passing is a void of a great presence who taught us many human things. I'm sure many of us feel his spirit, or at least, his memory, as we are transported on the rails through space and time.

The fact that Leonard Nimoy died of COPD suggests that he was a pack-a-day smoker. This behavior was not very logical.

The fact that Leonard Nimoy died of COPD suggests that he was a pack-a-day smoker. This behavior was not very logical.
He quit 30 years ago. He learned from his mistake and urged others to quit.

Nice to see the Empire Builder given passing mention in the website. For a small city with a reputation for being a bit backward, at least by its Seattle brethren :p Spokane does surprisingly well holding events like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back