NARP Council Meeting in Silver Spring MD in April

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jis

Permanent Way Inspector
Staff member
Administator
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
So who is planning to attend?

I just registered for Monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday I will primarily be sticking with the NJ delegation, but might occasionally skip over to the Florida one. I will know more about it after the Florida FCRP meeting on March 13th.

BTW, the AAA rate at the conference hotel was lower than the one being offered by NARP at the hotel.

Here is the link to the info about the meeting:

https://nationalrailroadpassengersdcassoc.wliinc33.com/events/Spring-Council-Meeting-Day-on-the-Hill-13/details

I will be there. Arriving Sunday, leaving Wednesday.

I'll be staying at the Hampton across the street from the conference hotel. I'm boycotting them because of poor conditions last year as well as the high rates. I've been promised that NARP will change hotels next year, but I'm still annoyed.

I will actually get there on Saturday evening, and plan to spend all of Sunday doing points runs. Gotta collect as many points as I can when I am around the NEC, if I expect to make S+ this year. :) As you can tell I don't care much for Board meetings and Council meetings where people will drone on and on with reports. I am sure I can get a a good rundown from one of the attendees in 5 minutes :)

I will be leaving Tuesday by a 10:30pm flight out of IAD.

The odd thing is that the NARP rate is nowhere near the rates that you can get using AAA or AARP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back