Dallas to Austin dining questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JATX

I will be taking a trip from Dallas to Austin soon and I am getting a roomette. The train is leaving around 1150am and arriving around 620pm. I wanted to ask if I will get a lunch and dinner on board for this trip?

Thanks in advance.

JATX

I've done that trip a couple of times and basically the answer is yes and it depends. Train on time, you will get both ... really late into Dallas, depends on how late, but you might not get lunch. Really, REALLY late into Dallas and they might turn the train in FTW and put you on a bus, happened about a month ago. I don't know what they do about meals on the bus.

Lunch starts after the stop in Dallas, First Come, First Served and Last Call will be when the Train Leaves Fort Worth!

As Olympian said,you'll need the First Call for Dinner ( Reservation required, LSA will come to your Sleeper after an announcement around 3pmish) will come after you leave Temple which is Generally 5:00-5:30pm,.If the Train is not to late, Austin is Last Call!

Hopefully you'll get Lucious, Brian or Tony for your LSA in the Diner, they are first rate and there are some good Chefs on the TE too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the responses. I want to start riding the train more often this year and this is my first trip.

Thanks

JATX

Maybe you will get lucky and find Miss Polly in the dining car, Amtrak's foremost expert on customer service. (NOT!!). She's a real charmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back