Amtrak's Site Talking About Coach on Viewliner?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So,

I often ride Amtrak. This winter, I'll be riding the Pennsylvanian (42) to Newark (from PGH). Now, I've been on the Pennsylvanian many times recently, and I know the amenities, such as foot rests, leg rests, and curtains. Now, when I look at Amtrak's site (the part that talks about the different service classes: here) , it says that only Viewliner trains have foot rests, leg rests, and curtains (it lists the Pennsylvanian as being "Short/Medium-distance", saying that it won't have said amenities). There seem to be two issues here:

1. Viewliners are only sleepers. On trains with Viewliners, coach is in Amfleet cars.
  2. The Pennsylvanian does not use Viewliners as it does not have sleeper cars, yet it has the amenities that a Viewliner train would have.
My point is: why does the site say that only Viewliner trains have these amenities, when every time I've ridden the Pennsylvanian, it did? Did something change? Or is it that it just happened to be a coincidence every time I've ridden???

Probably a case of whoever wrote that did not verify their information. Maybe you could contact Amtrak and let them know that page has misinformation on it (including calling a coach a viewliner).

Poorly written, but they are trying to distinguish the long distance amfleet cars from the short/medium distance amfleet cars on the corridor trains. Those amfleet cars with the leg rest are found on LD trains like the LSL, the silvers, etc.

The Pennsylvanian, Maple Leaf, Palmetto and Adirondack all have a mix of cars anyway with some short-distance Amfleet-Is and some long distance Amfleet-IIs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back