First Time Amtrak Trip to Vegas

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kelly

Hi Everyone,

I have a conference to attend for work in February in Las Vegas, and thought since we have never been out west that we need to see the Grand Canyon of course.

It appears that Williams Junction is the nearest station, but I cannot seem to locate a car rental place there. Any recommendations as to the best way to do this trip?

Thank you for any assistance :)

If you need to rent a car, get off at Flagstaff. It has a direct road to the Grand Canyon. Only get off at Williams Junction if you're taking the Grand Canyon Railroad. I don't believe there is a car rental place in Williams.

I agree with Traveler. No car rentals in Williams, nor at Grand Canyon. There is no longer the Hertz office in the Flagstaff station, but there are numerous other possibilities.

If your conference is in Vegas, you might want to consider renting a car there and driving to the Grand Canyon. There are some very impressive sights to see along the way, such as the Hoover Dam and Lake Powell.

The advantage to having a car in February at GC is that you will be able to drive yourself out Hermit Road west of the Village, as the shuttle bus is not running until March.

Thank you all for the replies. We are looking forward to this first trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back