Dinner going thru Den on the Eastbound CZ

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rail Freak

Engineer
Cant remember (imagine that :hi: ) ! When does the #6 serve dinner thru Denver, if on time? The reason I ask is that i'll be going GSC to DEN in Coach & switching to AGR Sleeper in DEN.

Thanx

OOPS I meant CZ

Last edited by a moderator:
If on time Denver will be right during the core of Dinner time. But talk to the Conductor or SCA for the Sleeper you will be moving into. At minimum they may allow you to stash your gear in the Baggage area of the Sleeper before Denver and if the room you are moving into is already vacant, they may even allow you to move in early. That way you don't have to worry about being hung up in the Diner during the Denver stop.

I'm not sure when it arrives offhand, but the last time i took the eastbound CZ I was having dinner while decending the Front Range. I had plenty of time before we arrived into DEN and went inside Union Station. This was in the days when the CZ ran OT.

I'm not sure when it arrives offhand, but the last time i took the eastbound CZ I was having dinner while decending the Front Range. I had plenty of time before we arrived into DEN and went inside Union Station. This was in the days when the CZ ran OT.
Ditto just this past October. Dinner while descending and time to go into Union Station.

#6 departure time is 7:15PM. On time or early arrival into DEN has been the norm lately. You didn't say when you are going; but unless it is during high season, you should be able to get in to the diner by the time it leaves. But you might inquire about a reservafion even before you get to DEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back