Amtrak winter and Spring System Timetables

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fan_Trains

I am planning to order a Amtrak winter spring timetable. I was wondering when will the winter spring Amtrak system timetables will come out?

The starting dates for the national timetables have shifted over the past several years. The 2014 Winter-Spring timetable took effect on January 13, 2014. So it was first put out in stations in early January. The PDF file was posted on-line in late December according to my downloaded file date stamp.

It is possible that the Vermonter will be re-routed to the CT River line in Massachusetts around the end of 2014 or early January 2015. Amtrak may want the new timetable to include the new stops and schedule for the Vermonter.

It looks like the Vermonter will be rerouted on December 29th, since booking to/from AMM is blocked after 12/28
Odd to do that right in the middle of a holiday travel period, but that's probably a topic for a different thread.

When changing commuter trains in TRE last week, I asked one of the veteran Amtrak agents when the new timetable would be out. He said they had been told that there would be no more printed timetable books--only the one-sheet timetables for each route would be updated in the future.

I sincerely hope this is an unfounded rumor and that the agent was given incorrect information. Does anyone here have any more information on this? Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back