Promo code glitch?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCL

Engineer
I won't say which one, but yesterday I was trying to use one promo code, and I couldn't use it. Said something about requiring advanced purchase, although I've used this code minutes before boarding. I checked the terms, and there was no advanced purchase requirement and it wasn't a blackout date. I tried again this morning and it was working fine for the discount.

So does this happen occasionally? Ten rides would actually cost less, but I'm trying to reach Select Plus, and the discounts help. I also like the flexibility.

I do remember getting into a discussion on the ethics of using promo codes for "events". I have used several that were advertised for a specific purpose, but the valid dates were considerably more than actual event dates. I thought the consensus was that it was OK provided the required station was used as an endpoint. I have seen terms for one promo that the passenger must attend a specific event, but I don't know how that would be enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back