Auto Train questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SBAIMEE

***This question was originally posted to an old thread***

Hello!!

Question

1.) I have a toddler and an infant and we're planning on riding the auto train. Wondering if it would be comfortable in the coach seats. The prices of the rooms are quite pricey...just trying to figure out alternatives.

2.) Is there any where safe we can leave our belongings if we're in coach seats?

3.) Does the auto train ever have any sales? I'm interested in purchasing a room for two adults and two children (toddler and infant)

THank you

Last edited:
Travelling with two small children will be a challenge no matter how you do it. That being said, the Auto Train should be about the easiest. Coach should be comfortable enough, though it continues to bewilder me how Amtrak sells coach seats on this exclusively overnight train (in that it doesn't pick up or drop folks off midway).

Go to amsnag.net to see about the best prices. Use LOR and SFA for your end points. Add the room fare to the train fare for your price. Depending on the age of the toddler, may or may not be a charge for them.

Any time you get up from your seats, keep valuables with you. If not practical, put completely out of sight. With no where to get on and off, someone would have to be quite bold to rifle through someone else's stuff.

Finally, sit back and enjoy the ride. And bring plenty to keep the kids occupied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back